UA Results

cebethel

mama of 2 boys
Reaction score
So I had my dr appointment today. She told me that I has a tiny amount of calcium crystals in my urine - which can lead to kidney stones :( I have to change my diet. Hope it works!!

Everything else is good. I'm changing a couple of my meds to ones that are TTC friendly (or close enough) I have to be honest, I'm pretty terrified that I'll have withdrawl symptoms from changing one of the meds. I had stopped taking it a while ago, and within 4 days I was a total mess :(

My thinking is that it is all worth it. All this stuff we put ourselves through is totally worth it if we get the much wanted BFP :thumbup:

I am glad you got your meds sorted out. There are ways so you don't feel the withdrawal of certain meds, but your doc probably went over those with you. Are you giving up soda due to the calcifications?

So I had my dr appointment today. She told me that I has a tiny amount of calcium crystals in my urine -

Everything else is good. I'm changing a couple of my meds to ones that are TTC friendly (or close enough) I have to be honest, I'm pretty terrified that I'll have withdrawl symptoms from changing one of the meds. I had stopped taking it a while ago, and within 4 days I was a total mess :(:

What do you have to change about your diet?

Last time you stopped taking the meds...
This time you are changing the meds...so, it may be ok this time...:hugs:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I am glad you got your meds sorted out. There are ways so you don't feel the withdrawal of certain meds, but your doc probably went over those with you. Are you giving up soda due to the calcifications?

I have to give up tons of stuff, including potatoes & spinach! :wacko: soda though will be tough, I'll switch to milk

I have to give up tons of stuff, including potatoes & spinach! :wacko: soda though will be tough, I'll switch to milk

Did she put you on the meds that help break up the forming stones? For the life of me, I cannot remember what it is called, lol.

Did she put you on the meds that help break up the forming stones? For the life of me, I cannot remember what it is called, lol.

No, not on any medication for it, guess she wants to wait to see if the diet change helps

Eva - I am prone to kidney stones; I've had 6 since I was 15.

I'm curious too, as to what all you have to cut out. I saw potatoes, spinach and soda - are there other things?

I'm curious too, as to what all you have to cut out. I saw potatoes, spinach and soda - are there other things?

My dr gave me this list:

https://www.upmc.com/HealthAtoZ/patienteducation/U/Pages/lowoxalatediet.aspx

It is gonna take some getting used to :wacko:

Eva- how is the new diet and med shift going for you?

New diet is difficult seeing as most of my fave foods are on the "do not eat" list...lol :wacko: Still, sooner go without them than have kidney stones!!

Meds, seem to be going good. Had a few headaches, but I expect them to pass :thumbup:

How are you doin this fine weekend? How is my buddy Mr Porkchop?

New diet is difficult seeing as most of my fave foods are on the "do not eat" list...lol :wacko: Still, sooner go without them than have kidney stones!!

Meds, seem to be going good. Had a few headaches, but I expect them to pass :thumbup:

How are you doin this fine weekend? How is my buddy Mr Porkchop?

Love the Roxy pic! My DIL is so cute! :happydance:

Porkchop is currently in his 'home' writing a list of reasons why I should not be angry with him for peeing on my shoe. :growlmad:

If he is good, I might let him out for water in about an hour, lol.

Porkchop is currently in his 'home' writing a list of reasons why I should not be angry with him for peeing on my shoe. :growlmad:

Maybe that how Porky expresses his love? :haha:

How is he going with training?

Maybe that how Porky expresses his love? :haha:

How is he going with training?

We think he is marking his territory, bc the dog was potty trained until his brother got here.

Training with this dog is awful. I know a lot of it is my fault bc he is so darned cute and I let him get away with too much. He's a very friendly puppy, he just apparently hates his family, lol.

I did notice that you can have all of the wine, cola, and lime juice that you want, lol. And I don't think I have ever seen strawberries in a can. :wacko:

My dr gave me this list:

https://www.upmc.com/HealthAtoZ/patienteducation/U/Pages/lowoxalatediet.aspx

It is gonna take some getting used to :wacko:

That sucks - there's a lot of yummy fruits and veggies on the do not eat list. And a lot of things where you may get other problems if you go for the obvious substitute (e.g. it says whole wheat bread is high in oxalates, if you go for white bread you get other problems..) I notice cola is on the list of have as much as you like. Though you'll probably want to moderate that advice with the fact you'll make your vaginal environment too acidic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->