Uh oh - clingy baby!

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
I've only really noticed it today (maybe it coincides with BFing?) but Niamh refuses to go down. She hasn't gone down once today in her moses basket. I cuddle her and she'll fall asleep straight away. I'll keep her nuzzled into me for 20-30mins until she's snoring and I know she's in a deep sleep. I'll then try and put her down and as soon as I do she's crying. If she's picked up she stops crying straight away.

I'm wondering if trying all this skin to skin, bringing her into bed with me, and then BFing has made her more clingy?

Maybe give it a couple of days and see how she goes. Oliver has days like this, but they don't last long. Usually just before a growth spurt!!!

Hannah was extremely clingy the first 3.5 months during the days especially. She never went down for naps, always slept in my arms. And I never BF

Hermione was like this at first, dont stress they will start to grow out of it, but you might need to help her.

they are clingy becuase they dont really know the world around them, they are comfortable with you.

Hermione can only put herself to sleep in the day on 2 of her naps, and sometimes in the evening she wakes up and cries as she doesnt know where we are.

Just dont panic i did everyone told me i had made her that way, but as she learns to sleep and that we are always around and come to her when she cries she is getting better.

shes very cute by the way. hope that helps

Thanks girls - that makes me feel :)

With my comment about BFing, it's not that I thought BFing would make her clingy, but just that it was a change from the norm for her as we've been pretty much exclusively FFing so I worry I may have confused her.

Tyler is like this sometimes more in the night than day. He normally has a little whinge & cry and then settles himself. I do comfort him if he doesnt stop crying after a minute or so just to let him know im here and he stops crying instantly when i pick him up and tends to go down after that okay.

I think it happens with a lot of babies that age. Don't worry I thought something was wrong with Hannah, she literally would not let me put her down. But as she got older she started growing out of it :) (and sorry if my post sounded cranky was in a bit of a hurry, Hannah's in a bad mood :rofl:)

I think it happens with a lot of babies that age. Don't worry I thought something was wrong with Hannah, she literally would not let me put her down. But as she got older she started growing out of it :) (and sorry if my post sounded cranky was in a bit of a hurry, Hannah's in a bad mood :rofl:)

No it didn't, I just realised what I posted could have come across the wrong way. :)

It's good to know that other babies have gone through this. Yesterday she was fine so I wondered if it was something I'd done. lol :)

Ditto! I have already given up trying to get him out of funny habits and reckon as far as I can manage (with tiredness etc) to just go with what he wants, and I assume needs, for now. Byron won't sleep at night at the moment. He sleeps wonderfully during the day and waking him only makes him overtired and so worse at night. He sleeps best after I've walked the dogs with him in his carrier and doesn't really notice coming out of it. Could that help with you? Do you have a carrier or sling?

:( Well i wish Tabitha was more clingy she just wants to be left alone, i have to sit her on the couch and leave her... all i can hear is her roaring and laughing to herself but if i pick her up she cries her eyes out... Gutted!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->