Uhoh... Temptations...

buttercup3

Mama & TTC
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Just a small question... lol :happydance:

How am I supposed to control these urges to buy baby socks?

Would it be bad to make like a box of baby essentials (not major stuff just socks and stuff) or do you think that once I start I wouldn't be able to stop?

Its the same with knitting... I see some nice wool and think 'what if I just made one jumper or two'...

Obsessive much?

I remember my MIL told me that back in the day it was more than acceptable to have a 'bottom drawer' of baby essentials... but with probably a few year gap between us and TTC it might be a tad idiotic... :dohh:

Or am I just talking myself into a good day in Gap tomorrow? :rofl:

Does anyone else think this or has anyone else actually bought stuff?!

xx :hug: xx

Lol I have baby stuff I bought a year ago and about 3 months ago I went from wtt to ttc because I want one so bad. lol I love the shopping

Lol this has been mentioned before and i think we came to the conclusion that it would be better to save the money instead of buying things.

I've chosen a lot of stuff and made a list, but I kinda feel it would be tempting fate to buy anything before baby is there inside me and all nice and safe. Dunno why.

I have a little bear that my FIL gave me and I have saved that and kept it nice for when LO comes along.

I have a huge box full of baby girl clothes i got from ebay like a year ago.

Awww hunni i know how you feel!

On the one had there are shops that have shut down like woolworth that sold baby clothes very cheap- where you want to buy now to save money in the long run!

On the other hand are you jinxing thing?

I really do see both sides of this story, i do try and put money away as it will help for when i do have a LO, but at same time i know when me and OH move into our first house (summer time)together, i can see myself buying conception/pregnancy books so i read up on things! lol
x

Whenever I am in a shop that sells baby clothes i am always drawn to them. The socks, the shoes the little pretty pink dresses. But i'd never buy any before i knew i was pregnant because i believe that we will jinx ourselves if we do! lol

I have a box that has baby items in there. :) I found that actually buying the items has helped my patience quite a lot.

My MIL also mentioned about "the bottom drawer" I think its a great idea, altho where we are living at the moment we dont actually have any space for a "Bottom Drawer" collection lol x

I know how you feel, I spent months going all gooey over baby clothes and shoes before we decided to ttc. And I'm not much better now! :dohh:

Well I managed to resist... for now! I do also believe that it is tempting fate a little bit but there is so much to buy I don't know how you fit all that shopping into 6 months :rofl: (if you don't count the time you wait before the first scan)

For now I will stick to online shopping and totalling up all the essentials that way!

Thanks ladies xx

I think I would be tempted to buy stuff too hun but like you say I think it is better to resist probably. x

I don't think there is anything wrong with buying a few neutral baby clothes, i wouldn't recommend going out and buying a pram or anything lol but the odd little item isn't too crazy (i don't think so anyway) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->