UK Autism Mums & Dads..

suzib76

Reaction score
I was just wondering what help you get and from where for your lo's?

I'm just talking about those who have been diagnosed

We get a paed appointment once a year, sometimes she says see you in 6 months but then writes to defer for 6 months!!

CHAMS had us on the OT waiting list and all they have done is send a fecking leaflet about stimming (nothing we didn't already know) but I felt really let down after being in the list for nearly 2 years I expected to meet with them at least.

We have been discharged from CHAMS as they only diagnose

School have been great though, regular meetings and they have put a few things in place for Jack as a direct result of meetings

We fought for ages for his diagnosis as it was brushed off as behavioural when he was initially referred when he was at nursery, now I wonder why we bothered as nothing is forthcoming.

I applied for a bus pass from the local council, so now we can take him on the bus for free, it's the kind where he can get a carer on free as well - only thing is we never use the bus lol

I have also sent off for a cinema card, he has to pay but his carer will get in free

Nobody told us about these things though :dohh:

I'm a UK Autism mummy.

My son is 4.5 and was diagnosed when he was 3.4.

We have just been informed by his school that they are going to be sending off his statement paperwork so we'll hopefully get that sorted out quicker rather than later.

Our local council do an advantage card scheme, and Logan because we get DLA gets a special card where he gets bigger discounts.

Apart from that I dont' really know of much else I'm afraid.

My sister has two little ones with autism, she gets cares allowance and sometimes apply for family fund. I think the school informed her of family fund but you can google it and ask for an application pack.

They can help out with various different things. My sister uses it for much need new furniture, family fund sent her vouchers for the store with a set limit. I remember seeing on tv a lady using Family Fund to get her daughter an Ipad, as it can be really good for children with disability but obviously very expensive. Family Fund can even help with the cost of a holiday, if they feel it will benefit the disabled child. You can apply every 12 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->