(UK) How do you start a benefit claim?

Dinah93

Happy mum to two preemies
Reaction score
I'm being made redundant on the 31st March and according to entitledto we should be able to get £10 a week tax credits and income support until our baby arrives, but I have no idea where to start with applying. I'll also need to find out how to apply for maternity allowance as I've worked constantly for the last 8 years since uni. Is there an online form or a phone number? Where do I go?!

I'm being made redundant on the 31st March and according to entitledto we should be able to get £10 a week tax credits and income support until our baby arrives, but I have no idea where to start with applying. I'll also need to find out how to apply for maternity allowance as I've worked constantly for the last 8 years since uni. Is there an online form or a phone number? Where do I go?!

Hi

Try the job centre for ma forms, they might be able to help with the other stuff too

Good luck :thumbup:

How far along are you? If you are 15 weeks before due then you will still be entitled to SMP.
You will need to go to the job centre and you will probably be put on JSA until you qualify for IS. These will also be dependent on you oh salary.

You need to ring tax credits for a form if you search tax credits you can get the number.

Go to the citizens advice bureau and go through your income with them. They will help with forms and will be able to work out what you are entitled to. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->