Uk ladies hire of tens machines

familygirl30

Reaction score
I plan to have a water birth but can't get my hopes up as the hospital only has one pool so have to see if its free when I arrive at the hospital.Anyway if cant have the water birth was thinking of hiring a tens machine,any ladies got experience with them?are they any good? and wheres best place to hire?i know if I do end up having a water birth I can't use it and will have spent money but that's a risk prob have to take

I used a tens in my first pregnancy and found it fantastic, got me to fully dilated ..... Didn't even use it to full strength. The key is place it on when in early labour so your natural endorphins can build up. Difference with a pregnancy tens is that they have a boost button too to use during contractions.

I've got mine already for this labour too. I ordered the Elle tens from birth ease and found them to be a great service last time and now.

https://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_shop/Elle-TENs-Machine-Hire.shtml

got told the Mama Tens is brilliant as its easy to use and the boost button is good for intense contractions.

i ordered mine for a 7 week hire from pregnancy tens website for £21
not used it yet, you get it delivered as you turn 37 weeks. free return too.

https://pregnancytens.co.uk/Mama-Tens-Hire-7-Weeks-Hire--FREE-1st-Class-Delivery-FREE-Return_p_29.html

Water birth or not, I would try a tens machine. I used mine right from early labour until I got into the pool so definately won't be wasted money (you could be at home for a while before going in and using the pool). Personally I would try it although I know some ladies don't get on with them, but you won't know until you're in labour!
Good luck!
Rx

I would recommend buying one. They aren't much more than when you hire them (even cheaper second hand). If you don't end up using it you can always keep for another baby or sell it on eBay. I've had mine for 8 years now and it's still going strong, I ended up using it with two babies but my last two I didn't get the chance to, so I am keeping it for next time (if there is one) xx

Lloyds pharmacy have one to buy at about £15

Boots also have them I believe

I fully recommend them! I usef the hospitals own one last time which gott me to fully dilated - I'm going to hire one this time to make sure I get one :)

Lloyds pharmacy have one to buy at about £15

Boots also have them I believe

Mine was about £35 but is a 'neurotrac' medical grade one used in hospitals etc and it has bigger pads than most of the rental models you get (bigger pads=more effective pain relief), batteries last for ages too. The first battery I put in lasted for five years! Xx

Yeah must admit the pads on the Lloyds one looked relatively small.

I have a Physio Med tens (hospital grade) which cost me £30 off eBay.

one other thing - make sure it has a boost button! Some of the normal ones (i.e. those advertised for other sorts of pain) don't have it but labour ones do (although are often more expensive and have bigger pads) and I found it beneficial during strong contractions.
Rx

I bought the Labour TENS from Lloyds the first time, and it was great. I loved that boost button! I'm planning a home water birth but still have and plan to use the TENS in case I don't feel like the pool on the day or just to help out while the pool gets filled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->