UK ladies, 'red' pathway?

DreamCatcher_

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I had my first appointment with the midwife today and have everything in place to get my booking appointment and dating scan sorted. However, during the conversations she did mention me being on a 'red' pathway, after mentioning my previous emcs and body's failure to labour. Although it won't be too long until I find out I'm just wondering if anyone knows what this means?

My DS was also 10lbs 8oz and she did mention about monitoring for GD and extra growth scans (no one ever pointed out or knew DS would be huge, so MW thinks his weight gain happened quite rapidly). Has anyone had any experience of this?

No idea but my previous pregnancy and birth experience sounds identical. I'm consultant led this time, monitored for gd and regular growth scans so if you're on the 'red pathway' I think I must be too! I don't know what it means though!

Red pathway means high risk, I'm considered high risk too

Thank you both :flower:

How have you found high risk compared to your first pregnancy? What are the differences?

I wish I had asked more questions but the red pathway wasn't mentioned until right before I left :(

So far not much difference. I saw a consultant at my 12 week scan and we discussed birth options. I'm booked for two extra scans and a gd test. I actually had an early gd test due to extreme thirst and I'm just waiting on the results. Other than that not a lot of difference so far. The general seems to be I just make big babies and there isn't actually anything wrong with me!

Oh btw the gd test is horrible. Take a drink and snack so you can have something as soon as they've done the second blood test. I thought I was going to pass out driving home and felt so horrifically ill

I'm not high risk, but I am having my glucose tolerance test again due to family history of Type 1 Diabetes. I had one during my last pg, which I passed, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. They didn't give a syrupy sickly drink like I'd read about, I think it was either lucozade as it was or with extra sugar in. It wasn't too bad, I was just hungry and fed up by the end and found it torture as I had my children with me and took them in a wonderfully-smelling cafe while we waited and couldn't even have a cup of tea.
Good luck with your pg xxxxxx

I'd never heard it called the red pathway, but I was classed as high risk with my last pregnancy and I had a couple of extra appointments with the midwife and with the consultant and a GTT at 28 weeks. I did have a growth scan at 28 weeks... but it was pretty pointless as it estimated baby would be between 10 and 11lbs and the consultant just ignored it and cancelled further growth scans (should have been 32 and 36 weeks) and said that yes baby is measuring big but people have big babies every day kind of thing... I ended up with a 10lb 8oz baby and EMCS :-/

I've not seen midwife yet for this pregnancy, but imagine i'd be high risk again x

I was red pathway with my first and will be for this one due to recurrent losses. I'd it's anything like the last time then I'll see the consultant once and then see my mw a few more times, have an extra scan and the GTT. I found it reassuring seeing someone more often tbh :)

I'm high risk too due to having an emcs with my son who got stuck in my pelvis due to his size. He was 11lb 4ozs. I've been told I'll be under consultant care and have growth scans and gd test even though I tested negative for gd last time. X

Thank you for the reassurances everyone :) 'red' pathway didn't sound too good but I'm glad I've had it cleared up. Although, work won't be too happy with the extra time off for scans as I teach and finding cover is a nightmare! X

Dreamcatcher I'm consultant lead too, due to epilepsy. I have my first appointment with them on Monday, I've no idea what to expect, but I've already been surprised by how many appointments I've had made ...unfortunately work will have to just find cover or swap shifts etc for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->