UK ladies - second hand pool and when to buy?

dizzybaby

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi all! Midwife and I are hoping for a homebirth, luckily shes very pro HB! I really really want a waterbirth but just can't find £100+ for a birth pool kit, where is the best place to get a second hand one other than ebay, all the ones near me are either not much cheaper than a new kit or they're damaged, theres a birth pool in a box with all accessories near me for cheap but theres a tear in the lowest chamber, they've covered it with tape and say it is still airtight but I'm assuming I shouldn't go for this one even if it is a bargain?

Also we're still quite early on but I'm a worry wart and am trying to get as much baby stuff out of the way by xmas so my money after xmas can be put away to cover me while on maternity leave. Is it too early to buy a birth pool, should I be waiting til further on?

Where abouts are you? Is there a local homebirth group as they usually hire birthing pools for just the cost of a liner. Xx

Where abouts are you? Is there a local homebirth group as they usually hire birthing pools for just the cost of a liner. Xx

I've tried to find some but can't find any on facebook or anything, I'm based in Basildon Essex ?

Keep watching eBay. And try preloved and gumtree as well. Many doulas loan them out. The NCT and other companies hire them, too.

I'd say keep looking for home birth groups near you, even if you have to drive an hour or two to pick it up (just make a day trip of it). That's how I got mine (cost me 40 quid). Or you might try the Home Birthers and Hopefuls or Home Birth Chat Facebook groups. People often have ones to sell or loan out.

i've hired mine from here - https://www.waterbabybirthingpoolhire.co.uk/

i did look into getting a second hand one but couldn't find any near me and this comes with all the accessories so seemed more worth it for me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->