UK ladies Sports Direct BFing Protests

Girly922

Reaction score
I'm sure most of the country has heard of the uproar against Sports Direct for throwing a mum out of their Nottingham store for BFing her 3m old son while her father shopped there. Head office are still refusing to comment or issue an apology.

So today was the main day for protests across the country. We attended the Norwich nurse in. There wasn't many of us but it was a good morning and we were noticed. Very proud of all the mummies that joined in and supported, we will stop the taboo!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 31
I didn't realise this was happening or I'd have been tempted to join in. Well done, ladies! Did any of the staff say anything?

Stupidity never ceases to amaze me!
I wish I was still bf, I would have happily gone into my local sports diect and bf my son.
Disgusting behaviour throwing a woman out for feeding a baby. Don't suppose they would have thrown out a girl with a lot of cleavage and her ass out, seen as this is really what they try to compare feeding to :/

Well done you guys! I hate hearing about ladies who have been made to feel like they are doing something wrong for feeding their babies. It makes me feel scared to go out in case baby needs a feed and I get "told off" and it shouldnt be that way!

No one said a word Popples. In fact, most of the staff wouldn't even make eye contact!

Moomin, we did have dads there bottle feeding too. Just to show their support that a parent should be able to feed their child wherever and however they like.

Bunnikins, this was all organised by Free to Feed on Facebook. You've got a lot of support to feed in public and if anyone tries saying anything, just remember the law is on your side. The thing I found helpful when I was just getting started BFing and trying to build my confidence nursing in front of people was using a bebe au lait cover (it's lightweight and very easy to use) and sticking to Starbucks. As a company both Starbucks and Costa are BFing friendly so if you're out and LO needs a feed, go and sit down and get yourself a drink :thumbup:

Ooh, we made the BBC News website too :)

Haha, I'm not surprised. Nice to hear there were dads with bottles there too :)

I live in Norwich too, if I'd have know about it I would have come along.

Good on you! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"