UK ladies, where did you buy your nursery set and how much did you spend?

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Jumping over from 1st / 2nd tri, hope you don't mind!!

I'm starting to think about the nursery and have been doing some searching online. I would love to find out where you bought your sets from (if you bought a set) and how much you spent?

I really love the Mothercare Harrogate set so I think i'll go with that, but if anyone knows any amazing sites online where similar ones are cheaper please let me know!!

XxXx :happydance:

They sell some really cute cotbeds on kiddicare. That's where I would have bought ours from if we hadn't already spent a small fortune on the mama and papas website :p

The Kiddicare site is great! Looks like there's only one store, in Peterborough?

We got ours from John lewis - just a cot, mattress and little cupboard/unit with changer on top as a gift from my dad.
I wouldn't bother getting an expensive one again as it's been used as a cot and cotbed for over 3 years and looking a little shabby to be used for no 2.
Wishing I'd have got a cheap ikea set and got new each time.
Xx

I really love this set and it's half price but I don't want to order online without seeing it :( https://www.kiddicare.com/p/Vanilla_3_Piece_Roomset_Cotbed_Chest_and_Wardrobe.htm

Does anyone have this, or know if there is another Kiddicare store other than Peterborough?!

I looked at this one when kiddicare still had physical shops-its lovely! the only thing that put me off is that I don't think the wicker baskets come with it and I'm not too sure how hard it would be to find ones the right size to fit.

We ended up with this cot bed (sorry won't let me post a link-but its the Hollie cot bed through baby style website) and managed to get a wardrobe and chest of draws to match from ebay-which worked out really well.

We got ours from mamas and papas in the January sales 3 years ago when expecting our DD. furniture is still good as new and good quality and we are using it again for this one :)

All 5 star reviews I think! X

Edit: they have a store in Southampton

Thanks ladies!! Would I be silly to buy it online? It looks like a really good deal and I love the look of it :)

Also love Sienna and Rialto from Mamas & Papas which both have 50% off!!

I got a John Lewis cotbed for DS and a malm chest of drawers from ikea. The chest of drawers looks grown up enough it'll last him as long as it's still usable. I got an ikea cot this time for DD and she'll share the chest of drawers with DS.

There used to be more kiddicare stores but they've gone back to being primarily online.

We got ours from Mothercare (meadow) when it was on sale. it was about 120 for the cot bed and then 150 for the drawers/changing unit x

I got a set with Ds1 when I was pregnant first time around and I won't be getting one again as I ended up replacing it when he was two because the furniture looked nice for a baby but not for a toddlers room and was too small really.

I'm not even setting up a nursery this time even though we have a spare bedroom, baby will be in with is for a while and DS wants to share a room with his baby brother so once the baby is a bit older and sleeping through the night we will look at doing up a shared bedroom for them. I bought the Stuva range of furniture for DS from Ikea and so glad I did, it's really sturdy and very flexible, I'm going to be able to adapt it for both boys by adding a couple of bits and changing the inside pieces of the wardrobes.

Mine came from dunelm mill,
matching jungle theamed nappy stacker, organizer, and grow bags, then i got a second hand changing table and a plain moses basket, some of the bits i have don't really match but it isnt noticable after poping afew jungle pics and teddys around,

I also understand that family and friends will buy bits for baby that wont match and its just plain rude to dictate what gets brought... so aslong as she has everything she needs im happy.

If any ladies are looking for nice matching sets at a good price i recommend dunelm or B&M stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->