UK ladies..which brand of dhea are you taking?

lexus15

Praying for 1 more
Reaction score
Happy new year all! :flower:

My fs has suggested I try dhea to improve egg quality for the possibility of ivf later this year (hoping I can fall pregnant naturally & won't need it).

What brand of dhea do you buy & from where in the UK? Did it work?

Fingers crossed that 2013 is our year:hugs:

HNY lexus! im uk based and wondering about this too. IVF this year too...nervous. Ive never had a bfp, been ttc 18 months. started coq10 last month. did you get a dhea test for your natural levels yet or are you going to start anyway? gl :)

ladies, I am also very interested in DHEA but not yet brave enough to try it. I doubt my FS will refer me to test my levels (she would not even refer me for AMH). Does anyone know what is the name of this test and how much it is in the UK?

ladies, I am also very interested in DHEA but not yet brave enough to try it. I doubt my FS will refer me to test my levels (she would not even refer me for AMH). Does anyone know what is the name of this test and how much it is in the UK?

I read in another thread its a cd3 hormone with testosterone, but cant be certain, i think it was in the coq10 thread. I'm going to ask my GP to test my levels now, and again in a month, can only ask :) Why would they not test amh for you?

I read in another thread its a cd3 hormone with testosterone, but cant be certain, i think it was in the coq10 thread. I'm going to ask my GP to test my levels now, and again in a month, can only ask :) Why would they not test amh for you?

that's NHS for you! I was told that my high FSH is enough for them to refuse IVF funding so they do not need to waste any more money on costly AMH testing ... so upsetting, particularly that as we all know FSH fluctuates and there are ways to bring it down. But I am not in a hurry to do AMH as I sort of suspect it's not going to be good and there is nothing I can do about it. DHEA is a different thing, if you are deficient (from what I heard) you can supplement it and get great results, and it will also bring FSH down. So please keep us posted on your results and doses you are going to take.

I did my testosterone on CD 3 and it was normal, still not sure whether that means I can safely take DHEA? I used to have high testosterone levels (in my youth) and was very slim but also hairy :) since than I put on extra weight which probably increased my oestrogen level and decreased testosterone. Or may be it's the other way around for some reason my testosterone levels dropped and I started putting on weight

Help - confused about dhea and testosterone - can you take it even if levels are fine?

@briss im sorry thats awful. Definitely work on getting your fsh down, you are still young enough not to worry about missing ivf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->