Uk ladies

littlelily

Newly pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I keep reading on here about all these tests people are having, blood draws and checking doubling of hcg and progesterone level checks, 5 wk scans etc etc.

Are these usually only in the US or for women who have had previous miscarriages/trouble conceiving? Or is everyone having them?
I'm confused. Sorry if that sounds stupid.

In the uk only if there's problems- maybe previous m/c or perhaps pain or bleeding in current pregnancy. It's definitely not routine- I only had hcg checked in one pregnancy as they thought she was ectopic x

Over here the first scan is around 12 weeks. A lot of women get a private early scan. I had one at 9 weeks with DS and will book one at 7 weeks this time round, just for reassurance.

We don't have blood tests here until the booking in appointment with the midwife.

If there were issues previously or with a current pregnancy then they would do tests.

Hope that helps.

I've never had any kind of testing of hormone levels. Booking in apt at 8 weeks where lots of questions/history taken then bloods for blood group, blood count plus things like hiv etc then scan at 12 and 20 weeks and midwife apts later on. Paid for my own private scan at 8 weeks x

Ive always been refused hcg checks regardless of previous history. It's not something generally done in the UK. Standard is a 12(ish) week dating scan and a 20 week anomaly scan. Unless there's a reason to scan early (previous history,high risk) then that's all we get along with periodic midwife appointments

Thanks all, that's what I thought but kept hearing about all these extras. Waiting for a call from the midwife for my booking in appointment.

They won't really do it in the UK, I had light spotting Thursday and the Dr didn't really want to know (despite previous miscarriage)
I've booked in for a private scan at 7+4

Yeah, think its a US thing.

Even with my 2 past losses, I cannont get seen by a midwife til im 8 weeks.

Hey I'm in UK and have a fantastic doctor. He took my bloods on Thursday and I'm due again tomorrow for next lot.....so hope they have increased accordingly ! FX xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->