UK Private clinics for diagnosing ASD

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any?

I'm getting really frustrated. After speaking to my GP & having done lots of research I'm sure my son has an ASD but nobody has even taken the time to hear me out other than my GP. He reffered me to a mental health team who reffered me back to my local surestart centre & family action without even knowing much about him! 5 mins on the phone and that was all! They said if they can't give me advice on how to deal with his behaviour within 2 or 3 terms at school then to be reffered back to them!

Seriously they're just messing me about. I thought I'd perhaps speak to my health visitor because the surestart center doesn't seem to offer anything of much help but I was also thinking about paying for him to be seen privately. That way we get directly to the point and find out either way. this is about a childs wellbeing and not jumping through hoops. it drives me crazy!!!!

Sorry for such a long post for such a simple question. :dohh:

I went through the health visitor to get my son's diagnoses when he wasn't talking or babbling then we had a great paediatrician who has since retired :( My son also had other signs with lack of eye contact and limited interests. Have you got a pardiatrician yet? Might be worth asking to be referred to see one.

If you would would like to go private it does cost about £500-800 but if it gets your piece of mind it would be worth it. Then your statement process can start for school. For places who do it privately the National Autistic Society website can give you a list in the area of where you live.

Your health visitor should be able t help and advise

https://www.scottishautism.org/autism-knowledge-services/national-diagnosis-assessment-services/

Here's a link to the one in Scotland x

Be wary of going private, often it isnt accepted and an nhs diagnosea is required to open any doors regarding help etc

Thanks for the replies. I've been back to my GP who has pushed a refferal so hopefully we will get somewhere now. It's just so frustrating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->