Ultrasound @ 9 weeks, no baby, just a sac..

kathy khuz

Reaction score
Hi... Not sure whether i post on the right forum...

My LMP was on 6th June 2016, and i'm supposed 10w3d pregnant...
But until my last scan on 10th aug, doctor still cannot find my baby, just a sac that measures only 5w3d (supposed 9w2d)...
Is it possible i'm having blighted ovum?
My next appointment will be on 24th aug..

I keep repeating upt, and the T line getting darker...

image.jpg

Need advise please...

Do you normally have regular cycles? Are you sure of your dates? When did you get your BFP?

Do you normally have regular cycles? Are you sure of your dates? When did you get your BFP?

Thanks for your response.. My first bfp was on 10th july...

image.jpg

I did 3 different upt, on the same day but not from the same urine...

Exactly this. When did you get your first BFP?

I have irregular cycles... But within 3 months before my lmp, my period were regular @ 30-31 days...

When i got my first bfp, it was after 1 week missed my period...

I'm so sorry. :(

If you got your BFP on the 10th of July, then you are definitely at least 9 weeks along. By this point you should be seeing much more than a gestational sac. It does seem like you may be carrying a blighted ovum. :(

Have you had any scans prior to this?

I'm sorry this is happening. I agree with PP that you should be at least 9 weeks along by now so it doesn't seem like a healthy pregnancy :hugs: so sorry x

Sorry hun I agree with everyone else. My lmp is 5th June and got my bfp 8th July. I'm 9+4 now (ovulated a week late so should have been 10+4 from lmp). You should definitely be able to see more than a sac by now. Sorry xx

:hugs:Very sorry you are going through this. I agree with the other ladies. Xx

I had this with my first pregnancy best way to confirm is that your hcg is still increasing if not it would be a blighted pregnancy.

I found out at my 10 weeks scan didn't see anything so had an internal. Sac was only 8 weeks. Had blood test and confirm hcg going down very very heartbreaking.

So sorry you have to go through this

It may be that you're just over 7 weeks & too early to see baby yet, especially if test lines are still getting darker. You'd normally see a baby by 7 weeks, but not always.
I hope you're just earlier than you expected! :hugs:

I'm so sorry. :(

If you got your BFP on the 10th of July, then you are definitely at least 9 weeks along. By this point you should be seeing much more than a gestational sac. It does seem like you may be carrying a blighted ovum. :(

Have you had any scans prior to this?

1st scan @5 weeks - just a thick uterus lining
2nd scan @7 weeks - just saw a sac measures 4w6d
3rd scan @ 9 weeks - sac measures 5w3d

I've no spotting or bleeding... Doctor ask me whether to wait for another scan in 2 weeks (which ia next week where i'm supposed @11 weeks)
Or get a 2nd opinion at the hospital with a better us machine (or transvaginal scan)... But i'm not ready actually... What if actually i'm carrying blighted ovum....

I'll wait till next week for the repeat scan...

I'm sorry, but I also think you are likely experiencing a blighted ovum. If you saw a sac at what should have been 7 weeks and only a slightly bigger sac 2 weeks later, it doesn't sound like good news.
I've been through 2 blighted ovums, each time I started to bleed at what should have been 10 weeks but when scanned there was only a misshapen sac with nothing inside, and by the time of the follow up scans my uterus was empty.
It's a horrible thing to go through, but it is simply one of those things. There was nothing you did wrong or could have done differently and most women go on to have a healthy pregnancy next time. It happens as there was something wrong with the embryo so it stopped forming very early on as it could never have grown into a healthy baby. As the placenta etc continue to form you continue to get positive pregnancy tests and symptoms.
I hope things go well for you and good luck with everything xxxxxxx :hugs:

When is your next scan? Hope you don't have to wait too long for some answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->