Ultrasound at 6w3d and only gestational sac was seen :(

ilovekawfee

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I could really use some advice! I had an my first ultrasound for this pregnancy last Monday at 6w3d and only gestational sac was seen. Dr said it looked good, but that's all there was--may just be too soon to see anything. Was told to come back this Thursday (7/17) for follow-up ultrasound to hopefully see heartbeat! I have really been rattled by this, and I am so afraid of going to next ultrasound and finding that our baby has died:nope: With our other two sons, I didn't have an ultrasound until 7 1/2 weeks and almost 8 weeks, and heard strong heartbeats.

I know this is not really good or bad, but have had no bleeding, and only mild, temporary stretching cramping. Dr also did not ask for any blood work to see if numbers are going up as they should be for a healthy pregnancy. So I really feel that I am going into this next ultrasound totally blind :growlmad:
I guess I am just wondering if maybe I should start to prepare myself that my husband and I may not get to meet this baby on earth. I know that God works all things for our good, and I am just praying that He sees fit to bless us with this child. Any advice is so appreciated!! Thanks!!!

At 6 weeks, if they have primitive machines, which most private doctor offices still have, it's very difficult to locate little babies during the first ultrasound...

During my miscarriage two years ago, at 10 weeks my doctor couldn't find my baby on her ultrasound machine, I took myself to the hospital ER out of desperation knowing they had better machines and they were able to find our baby... however there was no heartbeat...

This doesn't mean that your doctor won't find yours, I'm just saying that even at 10 weeks my doctor's ultrasound machine had trouble finding our little one, so at 6 weeks I'm 100% sure there would be no way my doctor would have seen anything if she would have tried.

If your doctor isn't very worried, I wouldn't be very worried, especially if he's not ordering any blood tests or anything either. FX'd for you but it sounds like everything's okay so far and your doc just wants to give your little one a little more time to grow so he can see them on the ultrasound machine :)

This site gave me a LOT of hope when I was told at 6+1 that I had a "blighted ovum". https://www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/

If your uterus is tilty at all it can be really hard to see at that point. They are looking for something the size of a grain of rice through skin, tissue, and organs.

For the record, my "blighted ovum" is eating dinner right now. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them when they told me that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->