Ultrasound conception date?

B

babycrazy42

How accurate are 7weej and 8 week ultrasounds? I had ewcm for the first time and my ultrasound lined up with the day I had it exactly, is that mean the ewcm helped me conceievr

hey hun they can usually be out a little bit but it reallydepends on how your babies grown. the most accurate for dating is your 12 week scan.

as for your EWCM you get that during ovulation as its the most fertile and helps the sperm get where they need to be :D xx

As said above :) when you have a scan so early it can be a bit inaccurate because baby is so tiny, it's best when baby is a bit bigger 10-14 weeks :)

I just read my er ultra sound and it was the 7week one and it said (+\- 2 days) so twelve ones should be dead on? Did you guys have ewcm the day of your ovulation

Oh cool I wish I would have known about all this tracking before I got preg, cause now I'm just so curious on if my cervical fluid that one day helped my conceieve since I never seen it lol

Early pregnancy scans can be up to 5 days out (some people say a week) either way without it being a concern in any way.

Even if you know exactly when you ovulated, it can take differing amounts of time for the egg to travel down the tube and implant, and it doesn't start properly developing until it implants, so your dates can be off by a good few days.

In addition, as someone else has said, the scan is measuring something really tiny which is all curled up. There's a big margin for error.

My midwife at my scan last week focussed on there being a strong heartbeat rather than the exact measurement (it was off by a few days): she said she was not concerned at all - she'd have almost been more surprised had it measured precisely right!!

Normally you ovulate the day after your last day of most fertile mucus, but sounds like you may have ovulated the day of (with the caveat explained above that the scan can be out by a good few days without it being a big deal). EWCM's job is to help sperm get to the egg so it sounds like it did its job!

Wow thanks for explaining that so well!!! Since I had ewcm for that one day did that shorten my fertility window? I wonder if the lack of me having cm was the reason I having trouble conceiving

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->