um,... wheres the wee gone? and other random questions.

Kota

Mum and Preg!
Reaction score
okay so since I put Phoenix in his cloth this morning he had a massive feed and then napped for about 3hrs.. :happydance:
just gone to change him and I can't tell if he's had a wee or not... I assume he MUST have.. but how can I tell? what would be wet? :shrug::wacko:

also... what do you do about vests when wearing cloth? do you still put your baby in a vest? and if not how do you keep their tummy warm?:shrug:

HAHA, quite often, esp with bamboo its harder to tell :) you may need to have a good feel of the nappy to see if its damp. The top layer wont be damp in most of them as they have fleece or other stay dry type tops which allow moisture though (the organic flip and bamboo pop in are the ones more likely to be damp on top) You will get used to the "feel" of a nappy to tell when its wet or not.
I still put him in vests :) all his 0-3 vests fit easily over all his nappies (not so much his night nappies with a wrap on but all his day nappies!) and he is 12lb12oz today so its no problem. Just clothe him as you would with disposable nappies on unless you want to show off the fluff in which case its babylegs and Tshirts all the way :)

I realised I said *normal* instead of disposable...ffs what the hell is wrong with me today....

hehehe, thanks, I did have a good 'feel' and yep, it was wet! amazed at how dry he is though... we're now samplying the bluberry. :happydance:

LOVE the title of this thread!

I usually go by the weight of the nappy when you take it off. A night nappy will feel really heavy. You just get used to it, though if you have two of the same kind of nappy, compare one dry and one wet and you'll be able to feel the difference. It shows that you've chosen some good nappies if he's perfectly dry after a few hours :)

Leyla always wears a vest. With some of the bigger night nappies, we either put her in the next size up or use vest extenders, which are little things you can buy cheaply from nappy sites - basically just a rectangle of slightly stretchy material with two sets of poppers to add the the vest.

we use vest extenders too :D

as for how to tell if the nappy is wet, it should be a lot heavier :D

x

We use baby vests as normal. You cna buy vest extenders as advised above.

Glad cloth seems to be working for you :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->