Umbilical Hernia (Adult)

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
Hope this is the right area for this, just wondering if anyone has had one after giving birth. I have just been told I have one but Dr sasy they won't do surgery until I have lost weight not even using local.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some experience of them, as its concerning me I have to wait for surgery.

I had one, got the op 2 years ago ended up back in theatre the next day as i developed complications (blood clot where surgeon nicked a vein).
The op itself for ther hernia was done as a day case under general (they cant do it local).
Funny thing is my hernia is back as i got the hole stiched which doesnt have a great success rate (sometimes they use a patch but my hospital dont use the patch as your body can sometimes reject it)

I plan on just living with mine now, wont have the op again unless i really have to, after i had Alex it did stick out a fair bit but now i have lost some of the jelly belly you hardly notice it. Having a hernia shouldnt restrict you in any way, only thing i was advised against was lifting heavy objects. Was told that abdominal exercises were good for the surrounding muscels.

Not sure if its the same ting but my OH had a hernia operation about 8 weeks ago. He had a hernia in his groin and it took him 6 weeks to recover. He had to go under general and was out the next day (he had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic) Good luck with the weight loss and op xx

No its different apparently, this one is less of a problem so I gather *touches wood*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->