Unassisted home birth?

proudparent88

Reaction score
I am not sure what to do I really wanted a home birth but feel like I can't have one. I am going to be having a tubal after Zachary is born which they usually do the day after a vaginal delivery which is my plan. I have wanted a home birth for so very very long. I wanted it with my second but due to complications I couldn't due to needing an emergency induction to save him any harm from severe low amniotic fluid he was full term he was born at 37 weeks. Glad I had the help that time. But this is my last chance to follow my dreams and get that amazing home birth. But other than what to do with the tubal after birth I also don't have anyone that can be here with me that has medical experience other than OH who was trained to become a certified EMT in his home state and if he was to work on me could lose that license. What do I do? Any way I can get my home birth and still get my tubal?

Can you not have your UC and go to hospital after to have your tubal?

Obviously I'm not recommending this, just wondering about your options...

Why would he lose his license? Is it usual for fathers to be penalised that way for being at the birth of their children if no other medical person is present?

Can you not have your UC and go to hospital after to have your tubal?

Obviously I'm not recommending this, just wondering about your options...

Why would he lose his license? Is it usual for fathers to be penalised that way for being at the birth of their children if no other medical person is present?

They don't consider it ethical because when the person is related they are less likely to be subjective and can cause more harm than good out of a situation if it would have difficulty somehow.

What is UC? I have never heard that term....:shrug:

I had my youngest daughter in 2011 and went back 6 weeks later and had my tubes tied. Personally, it was the worst decision I ever made. It changed my body in more ways than just sterilizing me. I won't go into details (if you want to know, feel free to ask).

But it is possible to have your baby at home and just go back a few weeks later to have the tubal. It's a pretty simple procedure and I was only out of commission for two days before I felt better and was back to work after 5 days.

I've since had my tubes untied (body has recovered) and it was a longer recovery for that than it was for the tubal ligation itself.

Have your home birth and schedule the surgery for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->