• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

uncomfortable kicks!

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Did anyone else find it uncomfortable when baby kicks?
Im almost 24 weeks pregnant with my first and over the past 2 weeks ive started to feel kicks, dont get me wrong i love feeling them i really do and im dissapointed i cant feel them all day every day yet. But they really are uncomfortable, it feels like hes kicking my insides, it doesnt hurt, but its just very uncomfortable, more so depending on how im sat or laid..
I also found them when im on the loo, wether im doing a wee or a poo he moves alot, and it really hurts my tummy, when i do a wee its like hes laid on my bladder and hes moving as my bladder is emptying but it kinda hurts. then when i do a poo, i get a serious cramp in my tummy i cant even explain this feeling, but it makes me not wana finish LOL!!
as this is my first pregnancy im not sure how normal all of this is, probably very normal and im just been paranoid but ive never heard anyone tell me they feel like baby is kicking their insides at first, i know later on it can hurt ribs etc. but thats all ive heard!!

I'm 34 weeks and over the last couple I've noticed some strong, sometimes uncomfy kicks. My bub is lying head down but on his side so most of his kicks and punches are on my left side. If I'm lying on that side in bed it feels quite uncomfortable and very wriggly! I often also have his bottom sticking into my ribs which is very lumpy and makes it hard to sit down unless I'm bolt upright. I wouldn't have it any other way though :)

I was told on my scan a few weeks back that he is laying back to back atm, i wonder if this is why it often feels uncomfortable.
I dont complain about it as i love feeling him move and kick, just wanted to see if other people have this feeling and check its perfectly normal, i assumed it would be but you never know and id rather be sure, i still cant wait to be able to feel ALL of his movements as i can feel very little, but on my scan he said that my placenta is covering him so i wont feel much, and he is quite a still baby, doesnt move so much. maybe once he gets less room in there i will feel more :)

Yes! Just over the last few days the kicks have actually been hurting This morning when I was getting dressed, she kicked so hard that I actually squealed lol. I would rather feel them than not, but it's still super weird to me!!

My placenta is anterior so I have a spot at the front of my belly where I early feel anything, there's lots of movement either side though, more rolls and ripples now he's getting bigger.

Babies movements kind of weirded me out at first. They weren't painful or anything, but would catch me off gaurd and just feel so strange. Now I'm used to the feeling, but some of her kicks are starting to hurt. At least they don't weird me out anymore.

Now that he's getting bigger, it does get a bit uncomfy in there at times! I was leaning with my right side against the side of the sofa the other day, and he can't have liked it, as he made sure I almost flew across the room with some very strong kicks to tell me 'no, mom, that's where i'm lying!'

Thanks for the replies, the kicks are a bit less uncomfortable now, maybe i just needed to get used to it, will probably worsen over the next few months as he grows and gets ready to 'exit'. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->