Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)??

OmarsMum

Reaction score
Hii,

For the past 6-7 months I dont feel normal. I'm suffering from tiredness & fatigue, I'm sleeping more than usual, no energy in my body, I have muscles & joints pain, & no matter how I try, I'm not loosing weight anymore (I exercise & diet with no success)

I also feel breathless & when I exercise my heart rate takes a while to get back to normal :(

According to google I'm either depressed or suffering from hypothyroidism :shrug:

I dont think I'm depressed, I feel down when I feel tired, but other than that I'm fine, it's something physical I guess.

Anyone suffer from Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)? Should I test for it?

There's lots of illnesses with those symptoms but there's nothing wrong with getting the go to do a full blood check thyroid should be one they check for also iron levels.

If it's not that they cNt investigate further I have a illness that covers all those sumyoms nearly x

Anyone suffer from Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism)? Should I test for it?

Yes and Yes :winkwink:

Definitely worth getting it tested, even if just to rule it out.

To be honest, I'd ask for a full blood panel to be done.

But if they just offer the thyroid panel, make sure they test for Free T3 and Free T4 (TotalT3/T4 aren't so good for diagnosis, but many GPs don't bother checking the Free's:wacko:)

As suggested, your symptoms could cover various problems....but that is exactly why so many folks with thyroid issues remain mis-/un-diagnosed for too many years! :nope:

See if your GP will give you a print-out of your results when they come back.

Thyroid-related or otherwise, alas I can imagine the hell you're going through, all too well :cry: so I hope you get some answers soon. :flower:

I have all your symptoms as well for the past 6 months.

I goggled and came back with thyroid or anxiety.

I went to the docs and said all my symptoms, she said will do blood test for thyroid/anemia and that was it was totally uninterested .. i said what if it comes back clear and it might be anxiety .. she goes .. well thats just life have get over it.

I cannot even begin to describe the rage i feel at that comment.

I feel my whole life has been turned upside down, i cannot concentrate on anything :( ive started a new nursing course and i just cant do it i sit down to study and nothing goes in.

Im so tired i have no energy to do anything and my muscles hurt to touch.

It isnt just life, i wasnt always like this.

Stupid cow.

I was so active before getting pregnant. I used to work 8-10 hrs per day, drive 3 hrs to & from work, I used to go to uni 2 evenings a week after work, & go to the gym 3 evenings a week. I also used to go out every weekend. I just joined a gym & according to my body analysis my body age is 71 yrs as I don't have any strength or fitness!

My GP also refused to check for thyroid problems & asked me to exercise instead to get my energy back. I will wait another month & see how it goes xx

I went to the docs and said all my symptoms, she said will do blood test for thyroid/anemia and that was it was totally uninterested .. i said what if it comes back clear and it might be anxiety .. she goes .. well thats just life have get over it.

So sorry, GPs like this give me that rage too!

Ladies....this is your life, and your health. We only get one shot...and if you think something is wrong, and if your GP isn't taking you seriously...you have to either ask for a second opnion, which is well within your rights. or ditch them and find another GP, who won't fob you off with flippant remarks over symptoms which are clearly indicating that something isn't right! :flower:

It could be underactive thyroid but one thing you might want to think about first is how much and how long you've been dieting. Be honest with yourself about it but if you've been really restricting calories and not cheating at all and exercising often it could be your body needs a break.

My favorite diet guru: https://www.leighpeele.com/diet-break-plan

also: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

sounds like it well could be...I'd be wanting to see another doctor asap x

It could be underactive thyroid but one thing you might want to think about first is how much and how long you've been dieting. Be honest with yourself about it but if you've been really restricting calories and not cheating at all and exercising often it could be your body needs a break.

My favorite diet guru: https://www.leighpeele.com/diet-break-plan

also: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/the-full-diet-break.html

My diet is always healthy, I over ate during my pregnancy & I added loads & now I regret it :(. I had the pregnancy weight to loose & I lost alot during the 1st 6-7 months, then I got stuck. I used to walk on the treadmill with some weight lifting.

I just joined a new gym with a personal trainer & she told me that as I eat healthy I wont loose weight without changing my diet & go for a proper training program. I started on Saturday & will see how it goes. If I dont start loosing weight during the 1st 2 weeks & regain some energy, then I need to see a new Dr. xx

I have an underactive thyroid - my mother and grandmother both had it so when I went to my GP I said about the family history and my symptoms and he took blood there and then....maybe I was lucky. :shrug:

I was put onto thyroxine tablets immediately and I am currently on 125mcg a day. I was put up to 150mcg and I felt great but my results showed I was on too much and was going the other way due to an overdose- felt great though lol. :dohh: I have had my dose reduced to 125mcg and I'm not feeling 100% but it's a matter of taking your time and making sure you get it right.

I would keep pushing. Unfortunately you have to rule out the other 'non-medical' reasons for these things. I was told that it could be anemia, it could be pnd (Earl was 4 months old at the time), it could be post partum hypo-thyroidism that goes away on it's own, ........ all sorts of things. Thankfully my Dr did a full spectrum of tests. Could you go for a private health check if you're worried?

One lady on here recommended that as well as thyroxine I get a Vitamin B12 supplement as they often go hand in hand, and I have noticed a difference in my energy levels since starting on that. You can get tablets pretty cheap in holland and barratt and such so worth a shot. :thumbup:

I really hope you get it sorted as it's horrible - I had taste bud defects (everything tasted mouldy :sick:), hair falling out, weight loss (not gain like you'd think), paranoia and depression, panic attacks, I was freezing cold the entire time despite heating being on and wearing 3 layers!, My mind became dull and I was unable to concentrate or remember facts I knew well, and I now have Glue ear in my left ear (which you can be prone to with thyroid disorders apparently). I find it helps to keep in mind that you're not in control of this so don't beat yourself up. Fighting it, but in a pro-active way works.

Keep active, (mentally and physically) and try to add naturally good things into your diet - iron is the worst enemy of the thyroid so it's quite common to be aneamic at the same time, but it inhibits thyroid function.

I hope you feel beter soon, and don't give in, keep a diary of your symptoms and take it to your Dr, and what flares it up. Book a full check up and make sure that thyroid function is ticked on the bloods! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->