uneven supply? problem with the pump?

kung_pao mama

Reaction score
My son is 3 months old. I've been back at work and pumping regularly for a month. He nurses pretty equally on both sides, but over the last several days, I've noticed that when I'm pumping my right breast produce a LOT more than my left. I shrugged it off for a few pumps, but today one time i got 3oz from the right and 0.25oz from the left. then 3 hours later I pumped 4oz from the right and not a drop from the left!

what is happening? is my milk supply dropping only on the left breast? The suction from the pump seems to be the same on both sides, so I've ruled that out. I don't really know what's going on. Anyone have experience with this?

It's normal. I produced more on the left. I tried to even it out by nursing Violet more on the left for a while and by pumping longer on the right and not quite draining things on the left. It would take a few days of effort to get things evened out. Then I'd stop working at it for a while and things would go lopsided again, so I'd put the effort in again.

It's normal. I produce way more on the right. It's more pronounced when I'm pumping. The baby would at times prefer the right one, but now he doesn't seem to mind the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->