Unexpected name

Linzalora

Reaction score
So here we've been carefully crafting names for months, choosing meaningful names that honor passed family members and our history... then today, we threw all that out the window!

We are having a boy, who may well be named Rowan Westley.

The names we were considering before were:
Ian
Alden
Benjamin
Caleb

Anyone else stumble across a name suddenly and just go with it? It feels right. We have about ten weeks to test it out before baby makes his appearance.

What do y'all think about "Rowan Westley"? I would love to hear your opinions! Thanks!

I immediately thought of Ronald Weasley! But I do like the names individually.

Rowan I like Westley I'm not a fan its a bit to surname like for me

Love Rowan, not keen on Westley though, Rowan Benjamin goes lovely x

I like Rowan but it feels like a girls name to me.

We had a favourite girls name for my LG for most of the pregnancy then stumbled across another one a few weeks before she was born. When she arrived it was perfect for her and I still love it

I really like Rowan :). We had a short list of names that we picked from for all of our LO's. With our first we added a name to the list very last minute (I think I was already overdue) and that ended up being his name :).

Thanks for the feedback! 😃 I'm glad so many of you are fans of Rowan.

Vankiwi, it does have a similar ring to Ron! Wouldn't it be funny if baby ended up being a ginger! That is a possibility for us. Haha!

I'm not keen on Rowan! But don't mind Westley...I've not heard it before so its unique and unusual sounding! I like it :)

I too thought of Ron Weasley!

I really like Westley as a middle name.

I adore Rowan (definitely a masculine name to me. Rowan Atkinson etc) but dislike Westley

I like them both too and together :)

I had 3 names ready for when my son was born, and when he came I debated for 3 days.. and then I threw them all out the window and decided on a name I had originally said absolutely no to. I still love it and it's perfect for him!

Go with what feels right

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->