unexplained secondary infertility.. anyone had any sucess?

jojo-m

Reaction score
We just got diagnosed unexplained! we don't qualify for medical intervention until we have been ttc for 3 years so they said to go back in 1 year if no pg.

Has it ever happened for anyone in this time? I suspect I have a luteal phase defect which I'm taking soy to try improve, I have managed up to 11 days at the moment.

Feels like i'm banging my head against a brick wall, can it happen naturally after all this time?

p.s my son was concieved with no effort, infact he was a surprise after the pull out method clearly wasn't as effective as we thought!

x

Sorry for coming on here, old habits die hard!!

I had a similar problem to you, my luteal phase was 9-10 days although the doctor didn't even take it into account (was easier to blame my weight!). Hubby had bad SA results too, although we blamed it on his usage of the laptop (laptops are supposed to heat mens bits up and destroy the quality of their little army!).

With ds we bd once without any protection (we were married and wanted a family, but had just been careful up to this point) and 2 weeks later I was pregnant! This time around we were actively trying for 3 years.

It can happen, I honestly think the best thing is to not fall for the millions of gimics - I did everything, fertility monitor, opks, even bought a daft spell off ebay (which didn't work!). The desperation of trying for so long really got to me and it affected my everyday mood, made me a nightmare to be around and made me terribly jealous of anyone who was pregnant.

We finally got referred to the fertility clinic, and had a consolation bd later the same day. We were both in pieces that after an effortless bfp with our son, we were needing help with another child. I had all my usual pre-af symptoms, then on xmas eve I realised that I could be late (cycles went very irregular due to the extreme stress of ltttc), I did a test and got my bfp.

I wish there was a detailed answer to help you hun, but all I can say is to enjoy being together, enjoy your other child and believe that it WILL happen. I never thought it would, but your body has done it once already. Sending massive hugs and thinking of you xxxx

Thank you both for sharing that with me, been trying 3 years for No 2 and getting quite low now.

Thinking of acu and TCM route too, I hear that IVF has only a 20-30% sucess rate so anything to boost our chances I guess?

Tammi you can see from my ticker I finally got my bfp that month after posting this, total shock was thinking about another full year of ttc so I guess it can happen, there's just no timer set to say when.

Hope your not kept waiting much longer, good luck x

So pleased it worked for you Jo-Jo. We've been trying for 3 years too, to conceive another child after a very easy first one!!! I DID get PG last Sept (and August too!!) but both ended in MC, the Sept one only discuvered it was a MMC at the 11 week scan (and that was after only 1 BD that month!!).

But I am not giving up hope, we took a little break after christmas, lots of stress etc and I wasn't ready, but I'm back to trying (and obsessing) again, and this time I'm using Duofertility! :dohh:

good luck nellis10 if you have done it twice recently the next one will be a sticky one! xx

thanks Jojo-m

I am pleased to report I am now 18 weeks pregnant, within a few weeks of acupuncture and after a lap to sort my adhesions twisting the old tubes, we are on our way...soooo happy, there is hope for you all, sending baby dust your way!

im experiencing this too! 1st concieved in 2005 whilst being careless with the pill. absolute joy of my life. second one yet to appear in 2.5 years of trying. am now looking into ivf egg sharing. fantastic hopeful nes about jojo... congrats xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->