Unsettled after Evening/NightFeeding

c1403

Reaction score
Hi All

My DD is 2 weeks today and earlier in the week had a little cold that seems to have gone now.

She feeds well during the day and settles down after either for a cuddle or a nap. However in the evenings it can take HOURS for her to settle. Last night for example she woke up at 7pm had a long feed and then was awake until 1am and would be on/off the boob. I would rock her gently to sleep but the moment I put her down she would wake up and start wriggling/kicking her legs. I tried winding her but she didn't bring up anything. Just wondering what can make a clean, fed baby be so unsettled?

I would say it's pretty common at that age - sometimes cluster feeding - we get nights like that too where he is feeding almost constantly over a few hours and can be quite unsettled. It could be wind / colic but often a phase they go through to ensure milk supply builds up.

Very normal for that age. Couldn't put my LO down between 6pm and 1am at that age.

My lo is doing this too! It's very frustrating! Lol. I've been told it's due to cluster feeding or growth spurt. Last night, after each feed, I heated a wheat bag and put it in her cot. After feeding I took it out and put her in the warm spot and she settled straight away. Might not work for you but may be worth a try? Xx

My lo is doing this too! It's very frustrating! Lol. I've been told it's due to cluster feeding or growth spurt. Last night, after each feed, I heated a wheat bag and put it in her cot. After feeding I took it out and put her in the warm spot and she settled straight away. Might not work for you but may be worth a try? Xx

I had a winter baby and the sheets were really cold so we had to do this too. It definitely helped her settle more easily.

Thanks Ladies....pretty certain that its cluster feeding. Its so exhausting but once she does go down (between midnight-1am) she sleeps well (say 3 hours).
Good point about the warm sheets, I may try that. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->