unsettled after expressed bottle?

smawfl

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this...

I've been expressing and dh giving Ds a bottle every three days. I keep it at the back of the fridge and warm up in a bowl of hot water before Ds has it.

Usually around 4oz

He generally takes it all in one go.

Every time we've given him the bottle he is really unsettled. A.s will then and unusually cry and need the breast to comfort and settle him.

The reason I've been giving the bottle is so he's used to it if I need to be away from him but obviously not great as he cries until he comes to me.

Any ideas?

I am thinking that he might be gassy. My son eats four ounces and I stop to burp him three times during his feed.

I would say burping, too... Or maybe it is too much in one hit? Breastfeeding is so much slower- maybe it is either too much for him at the moment but he can't make himself stop? Or he just gets indigestion from eating so much faster than usual? Just a theory!

Perhaps change the teat on the bottle to a slower flow and see if that helps. I had one slow feeder (40 mins was a quick BF) and the only way he'd take a bottle was with a flow regulator that slowed it down for him.

Gutsy no.2 though doesn't seem to mind.

4 oz is a lot all at once for an ebf baby, definitely make sure you are using a very slow flow nipple and Google paced bottle feeding to more.closely mimic breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->