Up to date tax credits calculator?

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
Just wanting to work out if we'd be entitled to any once we have our 2nd (we're currently not) however with the cuts that have taken place very recently I'm wondering if the online calculators have been updated to reflect the changes?

Id personally asume so, but you never no. Have you called them? :flower:

I haven't called them, will maybe try tomorrow. I've tried a calculator online but it's showing the same figure it was months back so obviously isn't taking into account the changes. I'm guessing the proper one on gov.uk may have done?

Just realised I've posted this in TV, not general chatter :dohh:

I don't think it's been updated yet but if you use the current one and compare with this one from Unison which shows how much less a family will receive next year compared to this one it may give you an idea:
https://unison.typeform.com/to/nYWPlq

Thank you. I just went onto that but I think it's a bit exaggerated as it's claiming we'll lose 2500 per year with 2 children but the other calculators that have not been updated say we'd never have been able to claim that much anyway? X

I really wish there was an updated one somewhere, but as far as I am aware the HMRC won't change until the new tax year as it only works out what you get this year, so if you're income is less than £32,000 you should be entitled with 2 kids before April then I guess it's seeing what happens April 6th when you can use the updated calculator.

I really wish I could get some information about the changes, the unison one only goes up to £38,000 but we earn more than that (the childcare element is higher than the standard allowance) so I'm assuming the whole calculator is disregarding what element of TC you are entitled to. I really wish HMRC would publish something as simple as that!

There definitely seems to be a lack of info on the cuts, I'm not sure where the unison calculator gets it's figures from as I can't find anything online that explains how you can work out what you'll lose.

When I spoke to them on the phone last week he couldn't even really explain to me, he said about the 3 children thing and that the amount they discount in income changes won't be £5000 anymore but £2500, other than that he couldn't say if he thought it would affect me or not. So even they don't know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->