UPDATE!!!! Mucus plug?! I'm getting excited!

Hippiemomlife

Reaction score
I'm 39 weeks now and throughout the day today I noticed bits of my mucus plug coming out! I've been feeling crampy the entire evening and I definitely can feel pressure down below with some random sharp pains. How soon after you lose the mucus plug does labour begin? I have a feeling lil bub might be showing up pretty soon! I'm kind of freaking out because it's starting to feel very real all of a sudden. It is quite overwhelming!

UPDATE!!!!!
Went into the hospital Tuesday morning @4 with contractions about 8 minutes apart. I was 3 cm dialated when I got to the hospital. Contractions continued to get stronger until 5cm and then they stopped. They broke my waters at 2:30 p.m. and I was holding my baby boy at 4:28 p.m.!!!! So happy!

Thats sooo exciting!!! Im at week 35 and cant wait for Baby to be here! I'm not sure of the answer sorry but just wanted to wish you luck!!

I lost bits of mine at 24 weeks, 30 weeks and gave birth at 35 weeks. :hugs:

It's a "how long is a piece of string" kind of question, it was a few days for me between that and the onset of labour but I was already post edd.
Xx

Did it have a pinkish tinge to any parts of it? If so, you're probably in luck! If not, it could be a while longer but it sounds like you are gearing up! I would start walking and have sex ASAP to see if you have any luck getting it going!

Hey ladies, sorry! So a little update. I started getting mild contractions around 9 p.m. last night and they came every 10 minutes until about 3 in the morning. I wasn't sure if they were real or not because I don't know what contractions should feel like! But they must have stopped because then I was able to sleep. However, I've been constantly "leaking" since then. Like I have a pad on and I have to change the pad all the time because I feel little gushes. Not sure if it's my waters going? It's a little brownish in my pad but clear when I wipe. I don't feel anymore contractions though. Just an achyness down there. I think I might call the hospital, just because I'm a bit concerned about the "leaking". Thank you all for responding! I'll try and keep you updated! :)

Sounds like it won't be long, I leaked my hind waters for a day before labour started but I still had the main part of waters which went in a huge gush and pop before transition about 20 hours into labour.
If it's anything other than clear or slightly pink then I'd call although the brown might just be your plug coming away it could be a indication of other things.
Xx

I've been losing more of my plug throughout the day today I think. I am constantly changing my pad and I feel little gushes. TMI but it's not clear, it's more like snot (ew!). I also started feeling rhythmic contractions every 10 minutes for a couple hours but they've stopped again. I rang the hospital just to be sure and they said it sounds like things are moving and it's pretty normal to experience what's happening. So I guess it's just the waiting game now, but I have a feeling it won't be long! :)

So exciting!!! I'm happy to be in third tri now to be on baby watch with everyone :)

Good luck!

Just jumping in to say i think this might be me too! I haven't noticed any of my plug going but i've had a fair amount of brown discharge and lower back ache today which just won't go away. I've put in a liner as it very much feels like the start of my period and will keep an eye out to see if any obvious plug appears. Eeeeek, this is all quite scary and exciting!

Just jumping in to say i think this might be me too! I haven't noticed any of my plug going but i've had a fair amount of brown discharge and lower back ache today which just won't go away. I've put in a liner as it very much feels like the start of my period and will keep an eye out to see if any obvious plug appears. Eeeeek, this is all quite scary and exciting!

Still no sign of baby for me! I pretty much change my pad every time I go to the toilet (which is often) and now I'm only seeing brownish discharge. I'll have random contractions during the day that have gotten quite painful. They start in my lower back and reach around to my lower pelvis and I have to stop and take deep breaths but then it's fine for a bit again. I rang the doctor about the discharge and he assured me it's completely normal and it's a sign things are moving along. Just so you know! :) keep me updated on how you're doing as well! We might be in the same boat :)

P.s. we have the same due date!

Still no sign of baby for me! I pretty much change my pad every time I go to the toilet (which is often) and now I'm only seeing brownish discharge. I'll have random contractions during the day that have gotten quite painful. They start in my lower back and reach around to my lower pelvis and I have to stop and take deep breaths but then it's fine for a bit again. I rang the doctor about the discharge and he assured me it's completely normal and it's a sign things are moving along. Just so you know! :) keep me updated on how you're doing as well! We might be in the same boat :)

I think we're in exactly the same boat! My back ache has been getting stronger in waves throughout the day and just like yours reaches around to my lower pelvis but they're definitely not time-able. I can't sit still for long as it's so uncomfortable so have been walking around furniture stores very slowly as the afternoon as progressed! Most of the brown discharge has stopped but i'm expecting it to start up again during the night...time for a warm bath and to pack the last few bits for my hospital bag just in case everything kicks in at silly o'clock. I'll be checking in in a bit to see how you're doing! :thumbup:

Good luck ladies, sounds like this is the start of things :D

xx

I think we're in exactly the same boat! My back ache has been getting stronger in waves throughout the day and just like yours reaches around to my lower pelvis but they're definitely not time-able. I can't sit still for long as it's so uncomfortable so have been walking around furniture stores very slowly as the afternoon as progressed! Most of the brown discharge has stopped but i'm expecting it to start up again during the night...time for a warm bath and to pack the last few bits for my hospital bag just in case everything kicks in at silly o'clock. I'll be checking in in a bit to see how you're doing! :thumbup:

Been having contractions the whole night (it's now 3 a.m. for me) and they seem to be staying regular but it's hard to tell if this is really "it". I'm just pacing around my living room and drinking a bit to see if the contractions stop while I'm in different positions! I'm probably getting my hopes up but I seriously want to be in the hospital soon lol

I think I'm becoming your labour twin :D I thought things had slowed down last night after my bath but had a disturbed night and my back is too uncomfortable to get any more sleep. I've lost a chunk of my plug too...no idea how much is meant to be there but it's all slimy...very sexy stuff! I'm going to get up and see if I can start timing these contractions, they're coming frequently enough for me to think they've real and are spreading from my back (where they really pack a punch) to my front and growing in intensity. We both might have our babies today, eeeeekk! x

How're you doing HippieMom? I really could do with more sleep but these lovely contractions are coming in every 8 mins or so and breathing through them is not as easy as I thought it would be! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->