(UPDATE)Nipple stimulation... I GAVE BIRTH

someone23

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity whose tried this and what happened? Did labor start? And for the record I'm an oncology registered nurse so don't try me about oh it's not safe blah blah blah crap.. not saying I'm trying it just want knowledge... TIA

I gave birth today at 230pm to a 6lb 8oz healthy baby boy. But how he got here "ssshhhh" tmi. Since hubby not around I was fooling around with my toy tmi tmi and contractions started and he arrived 4 hours later! But I'm happy it's over.. I'm so tired and sore.. but I can't stop holding him and being in love! Thanks for the support ladies

It didn’t start labour. With my first I had a c section. I was scheduled to be at the hospital 6-7am but my surgery didn’t happen til 3:30pm. When I got there they gave me syringes to try express colostrum. So stimulating my nipples didn’t give me any sort cramping.

I don’t think it starts labour, just encourages it once it’s started, I don’t think anything triggers labour if your body’s not ready, you may get Braxton-Hicks which is good practice for your uterus, but won’t dilate your cervix.
I think sex is the best answer, (with semen) that’s the way it got in there! That’s a good way to get it out.. 😊

Thanks ladies this was something I wanted to discuss with my ob next week. I'll be 38 weeks and wanted to get things started. I'm already 3-4cm dilated.. can't have sex dh isn't here now.. she stated she won't let me go pass 39 weeks.. but it just feels forever

From that I've read in the past it would take hours and hours of stimulation for it to be effective, not sure how true it is.

I tried it with both my pregnancies, it would get some Braxton hicks going for me but didn't get labour started either time.

What about eating fresh pineapple? People I'm getting desperate I'm 4cm dilated and in pain all the time.. baby needs to make his appearance.. typical Taurus

Sex is the best way to kick start labour, it triggers the release of oxytocin (which is what nipple stimulation does) and the prostaglandins in semen help ripen the cervix.

Again Ive read you'd have to eat the core (if I remember correctly) of about 8 for it maybe to have an effect, if nothing else's it'll give you a serious care of the runs :haha: it's a shame your oh isn't around for :sex:

Oh ladies I'm just sitting here waiting for any sign of labor and it's driving me nuts. I've bought 2 pineapples.. may not even use

Just out of curiosity whose tried this and what happened? Did labor start? And for the record I'm an oncology registered nurse so don't try me about oh it's not safe blah blah blah crap.. not saying I'm trying it just want knowledge... TIA

I gave birth today at 230pm to a 6lb 8oz healthy baby boy. But how he got here "ssshhhh" tmi. Since hubby not around I was fooling around with my toy tmi tmi and contractions started and he arrived 4 hours later! But I'm happy it's over.. I'm so tired and sore.. but I can't stop holding him and being in love! Thanks for the support ladies

Yes! What a totally natural way to kick start labour! Go you! Well done and congrats 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->