**UPDATE ON** Chayil's First Diaper Rash....

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
My baby has gotten her first diaper rash.

She's been crying every diaper change. :hissy::hissy:

From 2 weeks old I've been putting A&D ointment on her bottom to prevent this from happening. For the last 2 days I wasn't putting it on for some strange reason. Now she's gotten a rash. I think it's my fault and now I have my baby crying cause of this mess.

It's not due to dirty diapers. I don't play that cheap mess trying to save pampers. I think it's the wipes that has dried her skin out.

Today my Husband and I washed her bottom with warm water only and air dried it. We've kept her pampers off for like 15-20 mins. Placed her on a clean blanket with a mat underneath, and then put a thick coating of A&D ointment on her bottom.

I've eventually closed the diaper only to find out I needed to open it up again because she's irritable.

I think I might leave her pampers opened. She likes to sleep on her side back, so I'll place two diapers together to make one large one.

It sounds crazy, but she's getting the air needed. I would have to get up and check periodically. I'll just make sure the environment is protected from wetness.

Or if anyone can help me with other suggestions.

How long does this mess last.

Mello

I don't know of the ointment you're using but sudocrem cleared my baby's rash up in 2-3 days. She also got it because of wipes. I accidentally used a wipe with Aloe in it, i learned to read the packet more, just because they say 'sensitive' doesn't mean sensitive!

I only clean Kaya's bum with cotton wool and water with a little baby wash and baby oil in it. It's really helped keep the rash at bay. Try keeping the nappy off as much as possible - don't put any cream on her bum unless you're about to put her nappy on her. You can give her a little calpol (other brands are available lol) to help with the pain.

Alasdair had it really early on...just one of those things. His didn't get too bad but we put an ointment on it (we used metanium) and made sure he was dry after we used a wipe before putting nappy back on.

I read somewhere that ointments are better than creams as they allow the skin to breathe. But I know a lot of people don't find that.

I accidentally used a wipe with Aloe in it, i learned to read the packet more, just because they say 'sensitive' doesn't mean sensitive!

ahhhh this could by why Teddy has had his first nappy rash - we started using the pampers for night time with aloe vera included in them..but everywhere i look they say Aloe is great for nappy rash?

My baby has gotten her first diaper rash.

She's been crying every diaper change. :hissy::hissy:

From 2 weeks old I've been putting A&D ointment on her bottom to prevent this from happening. For the last 2 days I wasn't putting it on for some strange reason. Now she's gotten a rash. I think it's my fault and now I have my baby crying cause of this mess.

It's not due to dirty diapers. I don't play that cheap mess trying to save pampers. I think it's the wipes that has dried her skin out.

Today my Husband and I washed her bottom with warm water only and air dried it. We've kept her pampers off for like 15-20 mins. Placed her on a clean blanket with a mat underneath, and then put a thick coating of A&D ointment on her bottom.

I've eventually closed the diaper only to find out I needed to open it up again because she's irritable.

I think I might leave her pampers opened. She likes to sleep on her side back, so I'll place two diapers together to make one large one.

It sounds crazy, but she's getting the air needed. I would have to get up and check periodically. I'll just make sure the environment is protected from wetness.

Or if anyone can help me with other suggestions.

How long does this mess last.

Mello

The rash was a little chaffed/little red, not blistered.

Last night she slept peacefully.

I had made a large diaper and created an open space on the top/bottom section. It worked out fine.

She only pee pee, which was good. I cleaned her bottom again this morning with a clean cloth and warm water only and she was just smiling away. Also, I put a little A&D ointment on it this time. I don't want to forget that..lol

Thanks Ladies,

I just caught it on time.

Mello

try using cloth wipes....i use them with my own wipe solution receipe but you dont have to go that far you can just use warm water on a cloth....and bath baby everyday to make sure they are super clean...plus warm bath water is soothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->