**UPDATE!** Ovulation, or old pregnancy hormones?

bostonblonde

Reaction score
I need some opinions. I'm already TTC, even though my D&C was just 17 days ago.

On Tuesday, CD14, my HPT showed only an extremely faint positive, almost invisible. I also did an OPK that same day... and the test line was the same darkness as the control line!!

Then the next day, the OPK was lighter than the control line, and the past 2 days, it's been barely visible.

My question is, was the positive OPK on Tuesday just picking up hormones leftover from my pregnancy, or is it possible I O'd?? It seems like it went from positive to very negative very quickly, as if it was an actual LH surge?

It's hard to say honey. Have you done a pregnancy test. I think if you did a pregnancy test and that was coming up negative, then your OPK wouldn't pick up on any pregnancy hormone either. The OPK isn't as sensitive to hcg as a pregnancy test is.

Your LH surge can be very quick. When I'm approaching Ov, I test 2 times a day because it is so easy to miss the surge. You can certainly have a negative and then a positive in the same day and then have a negative again the next day. Sounds to me that you likely had a surge and have Ov'd or are about to. Good luck!

Yeah, I have been taking pregnancy tests. The first one I took was on the day I think I ovulated (Tuesday), and they have all been pretty much negative with only the faintest pink. (I am using VERY sensitive tests.)

I am still doing opks daily as a precaution, just in case that wasn't really a true positive. The test line was as dark as the control line but it wasn't a strong positive, as in darker than the control line. Hard to tell. :wacko: I don't know if that meant it eventually got darker later that day? I only tested in the morning.

Another question: do ovulation tests show a "fade out" pattern? Because the next day, it was still pretty dark but not as dark as the control line. Then in the two days after that, there have been almost no lines at all! So confusing! :dohh:

It is definitely confusing, I know! Yes, I think you can have a fade out pattern as well. How sensitive are your hpts? If you are still showing a faint line, you might still have too much hcg to ovulate.

UPDATE. Now I'm really confused. I took another opk today, and it looks dark enough to be positive again. (I posted a pic in the ovulation test gallery!)

So it's gone from positive to several days of VERY negative, to *maybe* positive again. Anyone experience this weird pattern? :wacko:

(To answer your question, heart tree, my hpts can detect 20 mlU/ml/hCG)

If your hcg can detect 20 mIU and you are still getting a faint line, my guess is the OPK might be picking up the hcg. I don't think you can ovulate with 20 mIU in your system. I had hcg in my system after my first mc even after my first AF. I had a level 7 hcg in my system a week after my first AF. I didn't ovulate that cycle because of the hcg. Can you get blood work done to see if your levels are down?

Im with heart tree, I would say that the +opk was still hcg not lh. The hpt would have a faint line starting at 20miu, whereas the opk would need 20miu of either lh or hcg for it to be +, so if both had lines on the same day it would still have been hcg sorry. Hope I didnt confuse you, I confused myself a bit posting!:haha:

Thanks... it's strange though, I got 2 days in a row of VERY negative OPK's before it went "positive" again. Probably just screwed up hormones, right?

Oh dang I reread your post, I missed the last line when you said they went negative! SO sorry!:dohh: I would say if they went neg then went + again you were looking at a lh surge not hcg.

I had my 12 week scan on may 20th and showed no heart beat and baby was only 8weeks...had d & c 5 days later on 25/05....did a pregnancy test 1 week later and was neg so have been doing opk every day since but still no surge. This is so frustrating, jut want to get pregnant again !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->