Update with my weird chart! Anovulatory cycle - first time ever :-(

minime2009

Reaction score
Posted this in the trying to conceive forum but I'm 35 so thought maybe you girls might be even more knowledgeable in this area :flower:

Think I have had an annovulatory cycle which is a first for me.

I stopped taking OPKs middle of last week but should I continue to take them? What happens next, do I get a period at some point or would i ovulate at some point and then get a period?

Confused.com!! Also really cheesed off as the months drag as it is from AF to testing without this grr :cry:

Here's my chart as well if anyone wants a nosy but FF saying I didn't ovulate either

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b58d3/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Hi there,

I don't have a good answer for you but didn't want to read and run. I think I have anovulatory cycles regularly but didn't have muh evidence until this month. I am in a tracking cycle, getting my blood drawn every couple of days and also using those OPK strips. I am on CD17 and have had no real promising activity. I kinda assume AF will still come around CD28 as she usually does, but we will see.

I'll be curious to see other replies to this post, and also to hear how things work out for you! Keep me posted. And, sorry to hear you have to go through this too. :(

Hi there,

I don't have a good answer for you but didn't want to read and run. I think I have anovulatory cycles regularly but didn't have muh evidence until this month. I am in a tracking cycle, getting my blood drawn every couple of days and also using those OPK strips. I am on CD17 and have had no real promising activity. I kinda assume AF will still come around CD28 as she usually does, but we will see.

I'll be curious to see other replies to this post, and also to hear how things work out for you! Keep me posted. And, sorry to hear you have to go through this too. :(

Thanks for replying and I am sorry you have been having this regularly as it is very frustrating :hugs:

I've been charting also since I had the coil removed in July and ovulated August and September but nothing this month.

I see you still get your AF regularly so I'll hang fire until that is usually due. Am kinda hoping my AF comes as usual and then next month I go back to normal but if not, I'll pop to docs for advice.

Keep me posted on how you get on! :flower: Do you take clomid or anything?

I didn't actually get AF regularly until recently. When I was in my teens and early twenties it was once every three months or so. I was on bcp for ten years or so and when I went off I started taking vitex to help with ttc as I figured I would need the help. I've added EPO as well. No clomid yet, but I suspect the FS will prescribe it to me now that she will have strong evidence of my anvulatory cycles. I'll see her 6 November, so I am looking forward to that! I'll keep you posted.

Let me know how you get on, too! I hope it all works out okay! Hugs!

Oh, what is a "coil"?

I didn't actually get AF regularly until recently. When I was in my teens and early twenties it was once every three months or so. I was on bcp for ten years or so and when I went off I started taking vitex to help with ttc as I figured I would need the help. I've added EPO as well. No clomid yet, but I suspect the FS will prescribe it to me now that she will have strong evidence of my anvulatory cycles. I'll see her 6 November, so I am looking forward to that! I'll keep you posted.

Oh, what is a "coil"?

The mirena coil is an IUS. The doctor fits it into the womb so it's just another form of birth control. I was on the BCP for years too though before having my little boy :)

Sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare with this so hope you get sorted ok. Feel a bit bad for moaning about one cycle with no ovulation!!

Keep me posted and I will let you know if there is any news from this side :):hugs:

Oh, what is a "coil"?

The mirena coil is an IUS. The doctor fits it into the womb so it's just another form of birth control. I was on the BCP for years too though before having my little boy :)

Sounds like you've had a bit of a nightmare with this so hope you get sorted ok. Feel a bit bad for moaning about one cycle with no ovulation!!

Keep me posted and I will let you know if there is any news from this side :):hugs:

Thanks for clarification.

And please don't feel bad for moaning about the anovulatory cycle! Even one is a huge pain and I can totally understand why you'd be frustrated. I'm sure things will get sorted out for me eventually, and hopefully even sooner for you. :hugs:

Hello there! I once read that these types of cycles are completely normal, and women of all ages get them. I think I read its normal for it to happen up to once a year! I know its easy to worry though when we are 35 + (I am 36) Take good care XXXX

Hello there! I once read that these types of cycles are completely normal, and women of all ages get them. I think I read its normal for it to happen up to once a year! I know its easy to worry though when we are 35 + (I am 36) Take good care XXXX

Oh, I hope that's all it is! I am 36 in December :)

Hey minime

I experienced this...the month before I got my BFP! I am 39 now so when it happened I was worried it meant my cycles were going pre-menopausal or something.

I also read that women usually have one or two cycles each year when they don't ovulate..it's totally normal. So hang on in there...hopefully your BFP could be right around the corner.

Good luck and baby dust to you.

:)xx

I actually remember Sus09, a member on here, saying she had an anovulatory cycle, and I think she must have conceived the next cycle and her baby is due anyday. (If I remember rightly she is 36 too)

Hey minime

I experienced this...the month before I got my BFP! I am 39 now so when it happened I was worried it meant my cycles were going pre-menopausal or something.

I also read that women usually have one or two cycles each year when they don't ovulate..it's totally normal. So hang on in there...hopefully your BFP could be right around the corner.

Oh that's such great news! Phew! When I googled about it I couldn't see anything about it happening occasionally it was all pre-menopausal or fertility problems! Scary stuff so thanks you've calmed me down a bit :)

I actually remember Sus09, a member on here, saying she had an anovulatory cycle, and I think she must have conceived the next cycle and her baby is due anyday. (If I remember rightly she is 36 too)

That's such great news thanks for that. Fingers crossed it's the same for me :)))

Hey minime

Oh that's such great news! Phew! When I googled about it I couldn't see anything about it happening occasionally it was all pre-menopausal or fertility problems! Scary stuff so thanks you've calmed me down a bit :)

No worries! I got myself into a right tizz over it, so couldn't believe when I got my BFP the next month. Best of luck with everything...I hope to hear some good news from you some time soon! :)x

Hey minime

No worries! I got myself into a right tizz over it, so couldn't believe when I got my BFP the next month. Best of luck with everything...I hope to hear some good news from you some time soon! :)x

Oh, thanks so much and congrats :))

Was a bit weird the past couple of mornings where my temp has shot right up so am confused again as I thought my temps would be pretty static until AF came :shrug:

Does anyone know what the situation is with that? See my chart - isn't it weird?!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2b58d3/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Fantastic minime ! you did ovulate!!!!!!

So it is just a long cycle, have you been BD'ing ? :dohh:

Fantastic minime ! you did ovulate!!!!!!

So it is just a long cycle, have you been BD'ing ? :dohh:

Well I don't know if I did because I stopped testing :dohh: But FF is saying I did but I've never had a long cycle in my whole entire life and usually OV on CD17 :shrug:

The worst of it? We haven't really BD'd and were having a wee break from it until I knew what was happening. It can be so intense TTC can't it!

Anyway, if I have really just OV'd then I've bloody missed it anyway so roll on AF!!

Was trying to work out if I could possibly still have OV on CD17 as had a small temperature rise but from what I've read, probably not.

Crap cycle lol

I am sorry!
If that is the case, then come on AF! :)
Don't stop temping or BD'ing next cycle!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->