*Updated* Some guidance needed from those who have been here before...

babywanted

Reaction score
We lost our first pregnancy back on 8/5/10 at 7 weeks and 3 days. It was very hard and sad as you all know. Well thankfully i got a :bfp: on 12/26/10 and things feel much better this time. But i'm finding that the closer i get to that 7w3d mark the more unsettled i feel about this pregnancy and the more postitive i become that i'm going to loose it again. Did this happen to any of you as you approached your loss milestones? How did you stay positive?

**UPDATE**
Sunday was my milestone day. It was a very emotional day for me but I was able to get through it. Now i'm two days past that loss date and my anxiety about the pregnancy has lowered and i think i'm just feeling the normal first trimester nervousness!! :happydance: My husband is also allowing himself to get more excited about things now that we're past "the day." I have my first midwife appointment tomorrow and my first scan thursday or friday. I can't wait to see the little buggers heartbeat! Thanks for being here ladies and supporting me through these first difficult months! :hugs:

Hi babywanted.

First of all congratulations on you bfp!!! Lets hope it is a sticky bean this time.

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks in Oct 09 and was devastated as I am sure you understand. I then fell pregnant again in April 2010 and it took me ages to relax. However each milestone you pass the slightly easier it gets. Iam now 38 weeks and still worry but not quite as mush as I did at the beginning.

Your loss milestone is definitely the hardest one to wait for but them you have 12 weeks, 20 weeks etc to look forward to and each one makes it slightly easier.

Hope this helps. Please private message me if you want to talk some more
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Smiler :hugs:...I'm glad to hear i'm not alone and it's comforting to see that you're so close to having a healthy baby after a loss, it gives me hope!!

What a lovely Christmas present for you!!

This pg will be marked by milestones - I found that stress built up getting to the milestones and after was a big release - your previous mc point, the 12 week scan ( and scan's are horrible when the scans you had previously brought bad news ), your previous EDD, 20 weeks, V day and so on - and then you'll worry in between.

I mc between 7&8 weeks too and have found that I have gotten more and more positive the further time has gone on - and once you can feel your LO moving around it's much easier ( except for the quiet days when you panic like crazy ).

Enjoy it when you can and remember you have support both at home and on here for those days when you're worrying.

Hope this is a super sticky bean :flower:

hx

Thanks so much hb1! I'm in hopes to relax a lot once i hit that 7 weeks 4 day mark, then maybe i'll believe this really is a different pregnancy, haha. And i think you're right, once i feel the little guy move in there i'll feel a lot better.

Looks like you're nearing the end of your pregnancy journey, good luck to you and bean during the delivery!:hugs:

Holy cow that is almost identical to us...

Lost baby at 13 weeks on 11/14. BFP on 1/7. I am guessing we got pregnant again almost immediately as I didn't have a period between loss and now.

Its scary but today I am hyper excited. Cranky, itchy, nauseated, but excited. My experience has also been that somehow this time feels more normal. Last time, nothing about it felt right from the get go.

I agree with what you're saying ladyhutch, last time i just knew something was wrong from the very begining too. I don't have that feeling this time and that does help keep me grounded. But, i do find that on days when my symptoms aren't very strong I start feeling like it's just the beginning of the end.

:flower: Good luck to you with this pregnancy!!

Im exactly the same, I had 2 mc last year, and tried to get an early scan to put my mind at ease, but the earliest I got is next wed- I'll be 8+5... but I had my first mc tomorrow one year, and it has made me so nervous, I would just love some reassurance or something,

Hang in there sweetheart - I had an mc in June 2010 at around 6 weeks, fell pregnant again by July so don't think I ever truely got over the grief of the mc, it was incredibly hard getting to 12 weeks, even now I struggle to accept that things might actually go ok this time.. it is incredibly difficult to be pregnant after a loss, but lots of girls do it and have healthy babies at the end, also helps to turn the nasty stats round, so instead of thinking things like 20% risk of mc, think of it as 80% of NOT x

Very true herewego....i have an 80% chance that everything is going to be fine this time around!! :hugs: Thank you! I'm glad i started this thread, everytime i read a message on it i feel so much better :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->