Urgh my favourite names are ours :(

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Sucks really, I'm a Katie and husband is Matthew, they're my two fave names! Would it be too weird to call our next child one of them?
Already got a dd called Louise which was literally the only name we both liked, couldn't think of one for a boy (luckily didn't have to worry lol)

You do have great names!

I certainly don't think it's weird to name a son after his father. I've known women named after their mothers, but they typically use different nicknames - i.e. Mom goes by Elizabeth, daughter goes by Liza. So you could have a little girl named Kate.

Some ideas would be to gender-switch them... Maybe your daughter could be a Mattie/Matilda?

Or you could try to blend them together somehow... MaKatie? Kathie?

I dunno.. it's a tricky situation.

Love Matthew my youngest was almost called it but we opted as a middle name. How about something like Katherine for a girl and could still use Kate or Katie? X

My name is my favourite name but I'd never use it for a daughter...I'd feel a bit self conscious or like I was being egotistical, plus I'd want to give her her own identity.

What about similar names, like Katrina and Marcus, or maybe use your names as middle names...

Er....

Kaitlyn
Kadie
Katia
Kathryn

Matteo
Matthias
.........?

or like pp said, you could do a Will Smith and gender swap

Matthia and Katon? :shrug:

what about:

Kaitlyn
Matilda

a little boy with the same name as his dad isn't that odd really

I know someone that called her daughter after her own name.. I think its fine to do that if you like the name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->