US question...normal or what is this?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
For a friend...had her first scan today..she is around 6 weeks they didnt even attempt HB...she posted this in our FB group and to me it looks like 3 babies....I mean it really has 3 baby shapes and then 1 yolk sac shape that you can see....any ideas..especially any US tech people?...marked out her name and where it was taken because she hasnt told family or anyone other than our small group yet and you never know who might know her name on here lol.. also attached my interpretation lol.. thanks!:thumbup: ok added a 3rd pic..a zoomed one..so you can see better I realized the other pic was hard to see the actual forms..red for "babies" blue for yolk sac...

Attachments

• jess first us.jpg
    jess first us.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 79
  • jess first us altered.jpg
    jess first us altered.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 64
  • jess first us altered zoom.jpg
    jess first us altered zoom.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 55
I see only one baby and yolk sac.. Baby is not super baby looking yet just a blob and with the angle I would say just one inthere

I mean I know they dont look like a baby baby lol..but they look like a line/blob and I see 3 line blobs and then one hollow one that looks like a sac... but since its just one pic you cant see the depth and maybe more yolk sacs hiding lol

There would be 3 yolk sacs if there was 3 babies. There is a possibility for 2 in there though.

Attachments

• jess first us.jpg
    jess first us.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 24
I see what you mean, following :)

I would think they would definitely mention if they saw two or three babies?

I see one yolk sac and one baby to me the yolk sac is the 2 red blobs you have circled to the left it probably isn't a full circle due to the angle of the probe. Baby is the blob on the right at the bottom. Did the sonographer not talk her through what she was seeing? X

I can't imagine them not telling her if they had seen 2 or 3 babies. Usually with multiples they see you more often and whatnot, so even though I'm no expert with ultrasounds, the fact that they didn't tell her anything would mean 1 baby. We are not going to see something that a tech missed. Best of luck to her!

It's easy to miss multiple births this early on, sometimes in a later scan.

I'm just your average person, but there does appear to be a lot of stuff in that sac. I'd be wonderinf if there were a few babies myself.

Looks like a singleton to me but there could always be another hidden away.
I see one yolk (circle broken due to angle of pic) and what looks like the baby. :flower:

it was a random tech..not her Dr and not her normal tech....I know my tech at our office is the only one there and stuff and she is allowed to tell us things...my friend said this tech wasnt even in there for 45 secs with her and apparently was just told to check for ectopic....wasnt allowed to tell my friend anything..and her Dr was at E- Csection anyway so even if tech had wanted to say anything and bring Dr in the wasnt there to get so she just has to wait......

ok so here is another possibility....each color circles a possible baby and yolk sac...

Attachments

• jess first us altered zoomed.jpg
    jess first us altered zoomed.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 6
it was a random tech..not her Dr and not her normal tech....I know my tech at our office is the only one there and stuff and she is allowed to tell us things...my friend said this tech wasnt even in there for 45 secs with her and apparently was just told to check for ectopic....wasnt allowed to tell my friend anything..and her Dr was at E- Csection anyway so even if tech had wanted to say anything and bring Dr in the wasnt there to get so she just has to wait......

Was she in the ER? By the sounds of it, maybe she was? If that is the case, then they are not allowed to tell you anything about the scan. The ER has this rule not to disclose any information other than what is necessary (the tech I mean) because they don't want people going in there and using them like an OB office. At least this is what I was told when i went to the ER when i was 7 weeks pregnant. Sorry she did not get to speak to her doctor. That really sucks, I know the doctor is allowed to tell you everything about the scan.

That is weird they did not look for a HB, maybe it was just because a 6 weeks it can be a bit tricky to pick it up. Which would make sense if she was in the ER since their always rushing around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->