using a plug behind furniture?

kbwebb

Reaction score
I'm planning on decorating DD's new new furniture etc.... My issue is when she has her 'big girl bed' I wont have access to the plug i currently use for her gro-clock. the only place it can now be plugged in is behind her wardrobe (with the clock sitting on top of the wardrobe so she can see it in her new high up cabin bed).

DH thinks that using the plug behind the wardrobe will be a firehazard, will it?

Literally almost all of my outlets are behind furniture, for babyproofing and because I wouldn't be able to use furniture if I couldn't put it in front of an outlet occasionally. Leave enough space for airflow, don't press soft furniture up against the outlet, like a mattress. We don't plug things in the outlets beside the bed, because the mattress presses against it, so we consider that a fire hazard.

I'm not an expert, but this is just what we do.

At least half of my sockets are behind furniture... some with extensions I just make sure any furniture isn't pressing on/bending the wires (especially on extensions) and the wires are not tight pulled between socket and location of item plugged in.

We have lots of plugs behind furniture and never had a problem with any of them :)

We have plugs behind furniture and do what Wobbles does .

Can you not plug it into an extension and have the extension flat under the wardrobe? . We have done this with DD1s lamp as her wardrobe has a gap underneath

We always just check that the plug isn’t getting especially hot too but I always thought it was more like Wobbles said twisted / bent wires
X

I'd say at least 90% of my plugs are behind furniture and have been for years and never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->