using flora spread in cooking...?

wishingonastar

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm a little concerned...!

For years now I've only bought flora spread instead of butter and have used it in making cakes and other baked things...have also recently discovered it makes great roast potatoes!

Today I caught sight of the side of the flora tub and saw 'not suitable for baking or frying'...now I'm concerned so does anyone know why this is? Is it just cos it doesn't perform as well as butter or is it actually bad for you for some reason to cook with it???

Hmm, I'm a little concerned...!

For years now I've only bought flora spread instead of butter and have used it in making cakes and other baked things...have also recently discovered it makes great roast potatoes!

Today I caught sight of the side of the flora tub and saw 'not suitable for baking or frying'...now I'm concerned so does anyone know why this is? Is it just cos it doesn't perform as well as butter or is it actually bad for you for some reason to cook with it???

Don't think it's bad, I use can't believe it's not butter for cooking and the packet says the same thing, think it just doesn't give the same effect as real butter does

It's because due to the lower amounts of fat, it can make the cakes inferior to one used with full fat butter, etc :flow: xx

It's because due to the lower amounts of fat, it can make the cakes inferior to one used with full fat butter, etc :flow: xx

this x

These ladies are right.

I use spreads all the time in baking, whichever one is on special offer!! I never bother looking whether it says it's suitable or not cos they all work. Butter is too expensive!

Spreads don't give the same flavour as butter, that's the only difference you'll find. Oh and they can be easier to work with as they're not as hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->