Using the same middle name(s) for more than one child?

N

Nanninoo

Has anyone done this? My DS has two middle names George Richard ( both his grandads names) we are currently expecting baby #2 later this year and although sex of baby is unknown if it's a boy we want to use George Richard as middle names again? Anybody done this with siblings or heard of anyone to use the same middle name(s)? X

There was a post not too long ago about this, it's very much a personal choice, I personally wouldn't, I think each should have their own personal unique names, but equally can understand people that choose to use the same names for sentimental reasons.

Do you know where I could find the link to it? I can understand it's not everybody's cup of tea as such but the thought of just picking out middle names for second baby whereas our first has meaningful middle names feels to me like one is left out if that makes sense by choosing random names that aren't meaningful...

Edited I found it....few! Glad I did aswell seems like a lot of people use the same middle names :)

I wouldnt... there must be more than 2 men in your life that mattered to you why not use them?

i.e... if George & Richard are your dads names (DS granddads) why not use your granddads names (DS great-granddads) this time I assume yous loved your granddads and thats why you want DS's to be close to theirs too so it has meaning plus really keep the family history alive?
or you could use uncles/great uncles?

I like JJKCB's idea of finding another middle name from someone who had a huge impact on your life as well. Uncles, great uncles, great grandfathers.

Although I do have a friend who has the same middle name as her brother.

One of DS great grandad was called george as well ( it was a named passed on through the men) and his other great grandad wasn't a nice man at all from what the family have told me so I won't be using his name! The only other man who meant a lot was my uncle peter who passed away a very long time ago but my 2 nephews have his name so I don't want to use it as well! I have two half brothers but they never impacted greatly on my life and hardly ever saw them as I grow up so again I'm stuck as to any other roots!
I think George and Richard would link my children together (if I have another boy) and it's a meaningful name to them both and to the family!

His fathers side he has one brother who he doesn't speak too and the other set of grandparents they passed away before he was even born so he has no reconsilation of them but doesn't want to have his grandfathers name!
He wanted Richard as that was his father who passed away from cancer a few years ago he looked up to his father and thought a lot of him hence he wants to keep tradition and have his name continue as OH's name is also Richard.
George is my fathers name and has also been passed down through the family so again it's very meaningful! I know a friend of mine who has 4 girls and 1 boy all the girls middle names are called Nicole because her mother passed away when she was a child and her name was Nicole as well and wanted her girls to also have the name but as a middle name

I'm not sure. My kids will have the same middle name, but it's my maiden name. I have a few friends that have done/will do the same. But I think when it's a proper first name that's being repeated, it might be a bit odd.

my children don't have the same middle names but my 3 ds's and my sisters 2 dd's and 2 ds's all have a middle name after someone special to them,my eldest ds has my partners name as a middle name, and my 2nd ds has my dads middle name as his middle name and my 3rd ds has my partners dads name as his middle name which also happens to be my maternal grandads name too so his is after 2 people,then my eldest niece has my sisters middle name and my younger niece has my middle name then my eldest nephew has his dads name as his and my younger nephew has also got our maternal grandads name too so my sisters youngest and my youngest have the same there,they all also have another random middle name too,that was just a name we liked,lol,so they all have 2,if you get what i mean lol:thumbup:

did george and richard have middle names you can use?

example: John Richard and George William could equal - George Richard and John William

No neither had middle names unfortunately just first and second names

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->