Uterus Didelphys....:(

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
Uterus Didelphys....:(

anyone have any experience with this? I havent had my scan yet but ive got the typical symptoms....septum separating the vagina, extremely heavy & painful periods. I dont want to kid myself and say "oh it wont be that"...it probably is. Feeling quite heartbroken, need to book my scan. Doctor not very helpful, didnt really know what I was going on about and didnt do a physical scan...really thought this would be the first thing they would do when i come out with "ive got a wall of tissue seperating my vagina into two!" hmmm... any support is greatful!!

https://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-double-uterus.htm

* this ones a bit more graphic but this is what it looks like *

https://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/uterus-didelphys/

Hi, my sister has this condition and had the symptoms you have had before numerous tests to find what was wrong. After lots of scans they found she had 2 wombs and cervixes and an ovary coming from each womb (and strangely only 1 kidney). She had a small operation to I think burn away some of the tissue between the 2cervixes and that in itself helped her enormously. She then fell pregnant within a couple of months but was advised by the doctors it was far too soon and unsafe to continue with the pregnancy, not a decision they took lightly at all. But after using contraception for a couple of yrs to let it settle they decided to try for a baby and it took around 7mths to concieve (similar to anyone with 1 womb). She had a fair few scares and hiccups during pregnancy with bleeding (not huge. Amounts) but every couple of months which they think was probably coming from the womb without the baby in. She had regular scans to check things and the consultant said they would not let her go past 37wks and she probably wouldn't anyway. She went into labour at 35wks and had a gorgeous baby girl by Caesarian who was 5lb, so tiny but healthy :). And....she's even now expecting her 2nd baby 18 mths later, she has to have a Caesarian again advised by the consultant and she has also chosen to be sterilised at the same time as they have advised it could be dangerous to have any more, but I don't think that's compulsory just the decision she came to while talking to the consultant.
This is just one experience of the condition, and from what I can gather it is very rare, a lot of doctors she spoke to got the condition confused with a bicornate uterus (just one womb heart shaped) so it took a while to get things sorted but if u do turn out to have it I really wouldn't worry too much as (once u and the doctors find out what's going on) they would keep a close eye on things and they all told her there's no reason she can't have children.
I hope. This helps Hun, good luck with things xxx

Thinking about it I don't think the operation involved burning the tissue away I think it was just removed, either way it was a fairly simple procedure xxx she has mentioned it being weird that her partner had to 'choose' which hole to use if u c what I mean but they soon got the hang of things xxx

Thank you so much for your reply and the information is good to hear happy endings and that I'm not alone! Your second post is exactly like me and my husband. ..sexy times are painful as we literally have half the 'wiggle room'. When we first tried to have sex I literally had a centimetre each side as an opening but we've managed to stretch one side just enough lol if I don't laugh I'll cry xx

Aww yeah she's said things were quite tricky but they got there in the end. I don't know if ur in the uk or elsewhere but here she really had to demand scans and tests as the doctors really weren't sure what they were dealing with but she must have had an instinct it needed doing, so I'd say just push for scans if they're not. Helping enough, u have the right to know, and don't be worried about going for it, it's not life threatening, if anything It was nice that she got to have scans so often (of the baby) and got to see her little one growing, the doctors kept on top of things once they knew what it was.
Hope it all works out for u, don't be worried you'll be fine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->