Vag gaping 8 weeks after birth :(

londongirl

Reaction score
Augh - well as the title says - my vag inside feels tight enough but the entrance gapes open. So when I walk I get air inside. And when I swim water goes in. It feels really gross (not sore, just weird).

Pls tell me I'm not alone or even better - that it gets better over time? I don't expect to be tight as before but seriously - this can't be normal…

Making me feel really low :(

Keep on those pelvic floor muscle excercises! I wouldn't be able to tell you whether mine compares as I'm only two weeks pp and have no idea what's what down there at the moment!

If it's still persisting or you've already been doing your pelvic floor like crazy is maybe mention it to the doctor because maybe they just didn't stitch you up enough kinda thing. They may be able to do something as air and water shouldn't really be able to go in kinda thing.

Xx

Hello! I get this. If I am in the bath water gets inside me and then when I get out I find that it leaks out of my vagina. It doesn't hurt but you notice it happen. It has got better but at 7 months pp I still get it (sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear!).

I know one of my stitches came out (2nd degree tear also) but my midwife said it would heal without needing restitching, I sometimes wonder if she was wrong and it didn't heal together correctly.

Only reason I haven't had it checked is because we will be ttc no 2 in jan and there doesn't seem much point incase I tear again. Hopefully no 2 might fix the problem caused by no1!

It took a while but it has gone back to almost normal (forcep delivery and 4th degree tear) I often felt my bits go 'pop' when I stood up as air got in but that has all stopped. I do however still leak a little when I come out the bath xxxx

This has happened to me. It stopped around 4 months PP. I had to go do pelvic floor therapy. It will help tighten everything up inside ur vagina..Your muscles are just weak and you need to strengthen them up again as we stretch after giving birth. When I worked out and did reverse crunches air I would get inside and when I stood up it sounded like farts lolol....I was terrified to go to the gym and ppl would hear that lol...but its gone now..

Pelvic floor exercises. See a physio to find out how to do it properly. I was referred to a physio to learn how to them properly and the difference was amazing.

I had a posterior prolapse and that gapey thing you talk about and it got better about 5 months pp. I can still see the prolapse but it doesn't pop out anymore and doesn't affect anything else iykwim.

It could just be you need more time to recover but if it seems wildly different get a dr who is competent to look at it. You might need some physio. I had a lot of problems after my birth, prolapse and they stitched me up wrong so I had tissue dangling from my vag, yuck yuck yuck. I know how upsetting it can be if something doesn't seem right. In my case it took multiple doctors visits and surgery (a year later!) to sort things out. Also, time and physio helped a lot! Try not to be upset because no matter how bad it feels now it will get better.

mine never went away, despite therapy and kegals...but i can honestly say that ive grown used to it, as it is no longer a bother, and in fact sex has been a bazillion times more delightful! seriously! lol. i would have not said that at 8 weeks PP, but around a year PP, OMG it feels way better than it ever did before lol ive grown to appreciate the changes i once despised.

I'm so glad I found this! Was about to post about the same thing. Feeling very down about it all. I had suction cup delivery with an episiotomy. I also feel like I'm leaking urine all day :-( not nice at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->