Vaginal stitches pain

Linzalora

Reaction score
Hey ladies. Hoping to get some advice here before going to my doctor.

I'm 4 weeks postpartum, and I had/have a lot of internal vaginal stitches, including a bunch on one side of my inner labia. The stitches began dissolving three weeks ago and they are still falling out.

The issue is that it is excruciatingly painful to sit on a toilet longer than 2 minutes. (Note: has nothing to do with urine, it's just physically sitting on the toilet that causes the pain.) Also, I cannot sit on anything harder than a soft pillow without feeling like someone is stabbing me with a knife between my legs.

Is this a normal part of healing or is something wrong? My OB is not the most helpful of doctors. He just says to take more pain meds.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

I had a lot of stiches (300+) and was unable to sit for any length of time for a few weeks. I also has to sit on the toilet sideways in order to prevent everything opening if that makes sense? I would say th4 pain is normal unless you have been feeling unwell, have discharge that's foul smelling or a temperature which could mean an infection. Regular pain relief, ice packs and sitz baths really helped memail. Hope you are better soon xx

Id get it lookes at hun i got infected on mine and ended up on codeine for the pain sounds normalish but its better to be sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->