Valentines Day baby - not convinced on my names!

Banana10

Mummy to 2 little boys
Reaction score
Baby #2 is due this Friday and I'm now umming and arring about the names we've got. DS is Benjamin (Ben).

Girls names:
1. Isla (have loved the name 'Isla' for over 12 years and now it's so popular)
2. Willow
3. Lyra (just added this one!)

Boys names:
1. Jacob (Jake)
2. Rory

What do you think?

If you really love the name Isla, you should go with it, although I know exactly how you feel. We loved Lilly but chose against it for being too popular, so our girl became Lexi.
I had both your boy names on my list but dropped Rory as it's meaning has something to do with red hair and being red haired myself, there's a good chance little one could be.
Ben and jake sound great together.

Good luck with everything

If you really love the name Isla, you should go with it, although I know exactly how you feel. We loved Lilly but chose against it for being too popular, so our girl became Lexi.
I had both your boy names on my list but dropped Rory as it's meaning has something to do with red hair and being red haired myself, there's a good chance little one could be.
Ben and jake sound great together.

Good luck with everything

Thank you! It's so difficult isn't it! I'm sure as soon as little one arrives we'll know but I'm swaying towards Isla or Jake.

personally I really dislike the name Isla but the other 3 are nice (although im bias with the boys names lol)

I love then names! We had Isla on our list but my Ohs surname is fisher and there's already an actress called Isla fisher so we decided against it

Also love the name Rory x

I've just added Lyra to the mix... oh decisions!

I would go with Isla, you'll regret it, if not. :). Ben and Jake sound great together!

Love your girl names, not too sure about the boys, although theres nothing wrong with them. Maybe make your decision when you see them for the first time.

Love the name Jake although I'm totally biased.

Isla is too common for me although it's a lovely name, I like all your choices.

Definitely go with Isla if you love it! I had the same conundrum because Lily was my favourite girls name and it is popular. But I know I would regret if I didn't choose it as I totally love it. We had a son but I will still use Lily if I do ever have another child and it happens to be a girl :)

Isla goes better with Ben than Lyra IMO

Adore the name Jacob/Jake! I would have called my second son Jake if my first wasn't Jack, lol! I love both so much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->