vanish stain remover stained and ruined clothes!

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
My LO has a gorgeous yellow cable knit jumper from united colours of benetton and it had a tiny mark on the front from today. I put some stain remover on to pre treat and it has turned the jumper orange in patches. I've washed it again and its still stained. Its ruined. I don't usually get too bothered about things like this but its a really special jumper my mum bought him from italy. Any idea of how to get it out?? :(

this happened to me. the kids got stains in their blue polo school tops and I used vanish and they went orange! I threw them away. I don't think u will be able to get it out, its stripped the fabric of its colour I think

xx

its basically bleached the colour out so theres no way to get it back to its original colour unless you maybe dye it?
xx

Since it's bleached it I don't think there's anything you can do :(

They cover themselves by saying to test it on a non-noticeable patch first as it can react with some fabrics. Complaining to them most likely won't do a thing.

I doubt there is a way to 'fix' it, as it does indeed sound like the colour has been stripped. Think your best bet would be to try and get it the same colour over all and then diy dye it.

I don't think you'll get it out unfortunately. I'd have a look for something to remove the colour from the whole top (Dylon do a colour remover I think but I'm sure there are others) and then try re-dying it. If it's wool you should be able to dye it easily enough (check the suitability of the colour remover and dye though!) but if it's acrylic you may need special dye. I think you can get them from ebay but I can't remember the name/type so you'd have to Google.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->