Varicose vein on breast

kayleigh_jane

Reaction score
Hi mamas!

The other night I found a lump on my breast, just above the right nipple. I've been breastfeeding for 15 months and get the occasional blocked duct but am always able to relieve it with massage but this one is different.

Went to the doctor today, she had no idea what it was and referred me for an ultrasound and biopsy. Came home and noticed that the lump was actually along my vein and was sticking out on the skin quite a bit. Went to see another doctor as I was starting to panic who automatically said it was a varicose vein with some blood clots which should go away itself after a few weeks. She said I probably shouldn't still be bfing my 15 month old (which I don't agree with and have no plans to stop because of this) and that it has likely happened due to my breasts being so heavy and 'pendulous' as she put it - they have sagged quite a bit since breastfeeding and are quite heavy.

I'm still a little bit anxious about the fact that I have blood clots and varicose veins in my breasts - has anyone else had or heard of anything similar? The dr said she'd never seen it on the breast before but occasionally on the arms and often on the legs. Just after some reassurance that it's relatively normal for big busted/extended breastfeeding!

Thank you for getting this far and sorry for the novel! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->