Varicose veins :(

mysisalina

Reaction score
I've been having strange feeling pains on the backs of my thighs, after about two weeks varicose veins starting to appear. Not happy!

I'm having a very dicxicuot pregnancy which makes exercise out of the question

I'm working on my diet, increasing the amount of antiinflammatory foods I'm eating, cutting out the last of the junk I started eating...

I'm going to make an essential oil mix of a few things to massage around the areas

Any other ideas? I'm really disappointed! I used to have such nice legs and they hurt too!

I was reading the other day that they can go again after pregnancy. I think the advice was staying hydrated and not spending too much time standing on one spot. Put your feet up when you can!

I got them pretty severe after my last pregnancy and even though I lost all the weight, they did not disappear. I ended up going to the vein doctor and having sclerotherapy. Super easy. In and out, a few quick pokes, they wrap them up then when you take the bandages off in 3 days poof! gone! I'm not even checking if I have them this time because I probably do! I just know it's a quick fix and nothing to worry about. Except for the pain they produce during pregnancy...

Just some hope! I had terrible varicose veins on my (tmi) lady bits and upper thighs. They started second tri and did get worse but the day after delivery everything was almost gone and now 2 weeks pp they are gone! You may need some support hose. But if they don't go away it's easy to treat after.

My mom had them really bad but I haven't seen anything. Mind you I'm on blood thinners, I don't know how vericose veins start but maybe that's helping? My doctor said tight support socks, putting feet up, hot packs, hydration, and circulation ie walking will combat the veins. Don't fret though some go away and if not you can have them removed later on.

Edit: I just read the causes of vericose veins, it's highly genetic but it's from the progestin, super dialated veins, and increased blood flow. So avoid caffeine, this will stop the veins from being so dialted, walk walk walk, stay hydrated, change positions often, and feet up over heart as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->