Vbac or vbac2 sucess stories

Bella12

Reaction score
Hello!

My son was an emergency csection that went horribly wrong. I bleed so much. I was even peeing out blood.

At the hospital I caught a bacterial infection that almost killed me. I was in ICU and unable to see my son until he was 7 weeks old (when I got out of hospital ). While in the hospital I has 6 surgeries. 4 of which were the major cut you up variety.

I'm really hoping to try for a VBAC this time around. I don't want to repeat my first experience.

Has anyone had a successful vbac? Please share your success stories. I think I might have a lot working against me.

Nobody? Hm. Well, I do! My first was an emergency c-section due to being stuck. And I had my second absolutely drug free after a 2 hour labor. Felt great afterwards!! And my daughter who followed way the same, but 4 hour labor, stubborn butt lol.

My 2nd was an emergency section as she was brow presentation, my youngest was vbac but induced as she was 15 days late, all went well 😊

Im so sorry your first labour was so traumatic. Mine wasn't pleasant but nowhere near as bad. I am hoping for a vBAC this time round although I'm late now and it's looking less and less likely and more likely to have another section :(

But I'm hopeful I will go into labour naturally soon....... And avoid another section.

Good luck x

Sorry you had such an awful experience.

My first was a c-section because he was breech. I was devastated because I really wanted a vaginal birth, but felt it was the safest choice. My second arrived vaginally, 19 months later. I had the option of a repeat c-section, but was determined to deliver vaginally.

How it went down:
I had pressure pain and two bouts of false labour a week before my due date. My true labour was 72 hrs long and somewhat irregular. It started on a Tues eve and was every five mins by Wed eve. I went to the hospital and they sent me home as I was only 3 cm dilated. I didn't sleep that night. Thurs was awful, but contractions slowed a bit in the morning and a bit at bedtime. I got a few hours of sleep, before they picked up again. Fri was my induction date (a week overdue). They hooked me up to the drip and I instantly went into a contraction that didn't let go. They had to turn the machine off. It peaked for 6 mins. They broke my water and things picked up quickly (2 mins apart). By that time, I was satisfied that I had experienced labour so I had an epidural. I was also exhausted, sleep-deprived, and sick of pain. It still took all day to fully dilate. I made it clear the I didn't want a c-section many times. I pushed for two full hours all the while asking if I was past the point of possibly needing a c-section. My epidural ran out during that time. Luckily, the doctor found out and scolded to nurse for letting that happen and it was replaced. My baby's heart rate dropped near the end. He had trouble breathing, when he came out and then needed an IV for antibiotics for a possible infection for three days. I tore horribly and required surgery two months ago. I'll need another surgery under general anesthetic. I bled and bled and required extra medical attention. The next couple days, I felt like I was hit by a truck.

Even after all of that, I can tell you that vaginal birth is sooooo much better than a c-section. You can walk the next day! You can eat right after. No walking hunched over feeling like your stomach is going to tear open and your guts are going to fall out. You can drive right away, and there are no restrictions about how much you are allowed to lift.

Amazing experience. I'm rooting for you.

Thank you ladies! I'm planning to hire a doula this time around as well. I'm hoping that will help. Last time I dilated too slowly.

Caz-hill I hope you went into labor naturally and got to have your vbac.

Lalaloopsie I'm glad you had such a positive experience. I'm hoping for the same but get more nervous with each passing week.

Iloveyouzandt: thank you for responding. I was beginning to think I was crazy for wanting or trying for one. I'm hoping for your luck. My son's head was on the large side and he also got stuck.

LAURA111 it's good to know after a rough labor it was still worth it.

I had an EMCS for my first - failure to progress after 8cm (43 hour labour), DD released meconium in me when they broke my waters at 6cm and she was very distressed as well as being stuck in my pelvis. I wasn't numbed on the first incision. I had a bad reaction to either my epidural or local anaesthetic and ended up fitting after I was sewn up. It made me poorly. My recovery and care in the hospital was awful. I didn't want to go through that again. I felt I failed too.

My VBAC was amazing. I knew what to expect pain wise, I had better care too. I was stuck at 10cm for a very long time as I wanted my body to push naturally, not for me to force it. Midwives forced me. I was screaming for the midwives to take me into theater for a section because it hurt so much :haha: I admittedly did have pain in my scar when my contractions were super intense, which then they took me into theater for the vacuum. 1 episiotomy, 3 contractions and 12 pushes later my bundle of joy was out. It felt great to have skin to skin which I couldn't have before. I felt amazing afterwards too. So awake and free. Being able to pick up your child without pain or assistance is a winner.

I was scared to go for a VBAC as I was scared to go through everything again for me then to have another caesarean. It was far too traumatic for me.

3 years 8 months apart.

SmartieMeup, thanks for sharing your story! I'm definitely getting nervous as I get closers to my due date. It's good to know that regardless of the complications you had with VBAC, you still felt like it was worth it in the end.

I've hired a doula this time around. I really hope I'll be successful. I mostly hear stories of failed VBACs.

SmartieMeup, thanks for sharing your story! I'm definitely getting nervous as I get closers to my due date. It's good to know that regardless of the complications you had with VBAC, you still felt like it was worth it in the end.

I've hired a doula this time around. I really hope I'll be successful. I mostly hear stories of failed VBACs.

I wanted to be pregnant so badly for 6 months afterwards, just so I could do it all again ASAP. I've never known something to feel as fantastic as labour and birth did.

My consultant was always moaning at me for asking the "what ifs" and "buts". Huge fear of uterine rupture was the thing which swayed me away of a VBAC, but we all google the worst before we end up in a situation.

Are you only having the doula as your birthing partner? For distraction reasons.

My husband really didn't know how to support me when I went into labor. I'm hoping a doula can support me with pain management etc. and prevent any scared tactic decisions. Last time I was pressured into a lot of stuff that was not on my birthday plan.

I'm due in 20 days. Getting close. I'm 70% effaced and 1cm dialated. I'm hoping and praying things go smoothly this,time around.

I'd love to be in your shoes and feel like labor was fantastic. Any last second advice?

Exciting times! You're having a head start which I'm guessing was pain free too? You may even make it to 4cm, making you in active labour without knowing *fingers crossed*.

Second time is so much easier to handle, due to 'knowing what to expect' pain wise and action plans so to speak. After only experiencing 80% of labour previously, you have covered the hardest part :) Pushing stage is tiring, but as long as you listen to your doula, you will do great. Getting baby out and on you makes everything else around disappear and the birth of the placenta is a breeze (I never even felt mine coming out - maybe that was down to me having an episiotomy the size of the Grand Canyon :haha: )

Jokes aside, be as calm as possible, and spend as much time as you can in the place where you feel most comfortable. Tell your current MW if you want when you go into labour, and she can give you advice depending on your circumstances (timings of contractions etc). I was advised to go straight up to maternity ward, but I didn't feel ready. My contractions were every 5 minutes lasting for 1 minute: 2am-10am. Then they suddenly turned to every 1-2 minutes lasting for 2.5 minutes - right until I gave birth 10 hours later.

Thanks for all your advice. I had my little girl. I went into labor two weeks early at 2am. The contractions became unbearably painful by 3:30am. At 6:30 we dropped my son off to childcare. We made it to hospital by 7:15. My water broke in er waiting room and I dialated super fast. 40 minutes of pushing. By 10am I was holding my little girl.

I did havery a second degree tear but other than that no complications. I'm so happy I was able to have a successful vbac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->