veg question

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Chloe obviously isnt a veg fan, she loves her cereals-porridge, museli etc, fruit, but but not veg, appart from cauliflower.

Is it ok for me to just give her what she likes until we have properly established weaning or should I keep trying with the savoury stuff?

Personally i would keep trying.

When Amelia first had savoury stuff she turned her nose up and i tried it lunch and dinner time. The next day i tried again and she ate it!

What temperature does Chloe like her food?

You could try giving her a spoonful of something she likes then introduce a veg mix.

I'm sure if you eat something enough you grow to like it? lol

Their tastes are always changing so i would always keep trying.

:)

thanks. She likes her food room temp or warmed slightly. I might try mixing it with rice or something.

We've been pretty lucky with Hannah she has taken to most foods. I have read that it can take up to 15 tries to get a baby to accept a new food :shock: So my suggestion is to just keep trying

I would def keep trying, it can take 10-20 times of offering them the same thing for them to take to it. Food to me is important, def not a battle you want to loose this early on lol, it gets harder and harder the older they get

what veg have you tried? have you tried things just by themselves? (I've got a friend who's baby won't eat mixes but will eat stuff that's just a single taste)

Disgusting but my bestfriend is a nursery nurse and she had a little girl who wouldn't eat savoury food. So they used to mix it with her dessert and feed it to her. Eventually they managed to reduce the dessert and then cut it out lol. I think maybe you should hold off on going that far though!

randomly browsing and I came accross this thread.
I'm a bit off topic but bethanylee's comment reminded me of a girl I went to school with. Her mum would only let her be vegetarian if she ate sprouts once a week or so. She hated them so much but was allowed to do whatever she liked to eat them, so she dipped them in chocolate - gross :rofl:

randomly browsing and I came accross this thread.
I'm a bit off topic but bethanylee's comment reminded me of a girl I went to school with. Her mum would only let her be vegetarian if she ate sprouts once a week or so. She hated them so much but was allowed to do whatever she liked to eat them, so she dipped them in chocolate - gross :rofl:

:rofl: dont think we'll go that far!! Have discovered she takes food best at lunchtime ao will keep trying then instead of teatime

I have to mix max's carrots with apple sauce or he wont have them at all lol but he will eat carrots & peas lol hes a goof

Valerie is not a huge veggie fan, either. I have learned to mix her veggies with something else, or at least have something else on the side to give to her after a bite of veggies. She also likes them warmed up....maybe try that?

had a breakthrough, I gave Chloe hipp organic carrot and potato with baby rice and she enjoyed it, so will do that with some others and see if we cant do it that way!!

here she is- the futures bright........!
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reallytinyamy/100_1763.jpg
https://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/reallytinyamy/100_1765.jpg

Teddy doesnt like veges either. He will take sweet potato on its own, or sweet pots and carrot, but even then he can shudder like it's the most disgusting thing he's ever had. I keep trying him on other veges and other mixes. He seems to take better to them when they are warmer as opposed to room temperature which I can understand - the idea of cold carrot puree doesnt appeal to me either!!

Funny thing is he'll take fruits in pretty much any order, temperature etc. A sweet tooth obviously. But I expect he'll grow out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->