vegetarian babies

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone here had a vegetarian baby and what sort of reaction they had from others

Kaya's a vegie by default because I am and I'm the one that cooks. Everyone says it's a shame and that they're going to feed her meat. I just tell them that when she is old enough to want to try meat she can, but she will be told where it comes from (not in a scary way). I believe kids should be able to make informed choices.

i was a vegertairan, i was for 12 yrs and i was until half way through my preganancie and people were telling me what u going to do when ur baby is on food, and i said the same when i'm picking her food she will eat what i give her but she will have the choice when she is old enough.

But craved meat half way through my pregancie so started eating it.

Aren't most babies vegetarians until their about a year old?

rhys is practically a veggie, we dont eat a lot of meat in our house at all (about twice a week) and even when i put meat on his plate he usually leaves it. nobody has ever really noticed to be honest so havent had any reactions from other people. people who know me know that i was a veggie for 17 years anyway so i dont think it would surprise them that rhys hardly eats meat

Aren't most babies vegetarians until their about a year old?

This is true.. my pediatrician said not to give Colton meat until he was 9 months old. I'm sure I wont wait that long.. he has already had "Apples and Chicken" dinner; but thats not like just meat. My mom said that she gave us things with meat mixed when we moved to stage 2 foods; but she waited for single meats (like Chicken and Chicken Gravy) until we were 7-8 months old.

My daughter is nearly 3 and will rarely eat meat! The only meat she will eat is sausages, chicken drumsticks...that's it!

Isnt it bad for babies/toddlers to not eat meat? i swear i read this in a baby magizine somewhere?

I thought babies had to have meat until a certain age, I dont know maybe I am wrong.

Me and Mark are both veggie. Midwife said there wasnt a problem with Chloe eating the same as us as long as she gets the substitutes, but my family keep going on about how Chloe should eat meat.

Of course she would if it was unsafe for her not to, but I've been told its fine and I'd rather she didnt, of course when she's old enough she will have the choice I'm not going to force her.

Isnt it bad for babies/toddlers to not eat meat? i swear i read this in a baby magizine somewhere?

as long as they get what they need from other sources then its fine. we eat seeds, nuts, pulses etc instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->