Vegetarians

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Is anyone here vegetarian? Can it affect the pregnancy or the baby and are there any problems with the baby being vegetarian?

I am a vegetarian. They say that you can be a vegetarian and still have a healthy baby, as long as you make sure that you take your prenatal vitamins everyday, and make sure you get your daily requirements. I had to go to a nutritionist so they could go over what foods I should try and eat everyday. The only concern is after the baby is born. You don't plan on making he/she a vegetarian are you? I have heard on the news a couple of people who's babies died because the parents made them vegetarians, and they were malnurished (sp?)

I would speak with your dr/midwife if you have any questions though

By the way...my baby is healthy and growing just as well as anyone elses.

I am!
Haven't had any problems whatsoever. They checked my iron levels and they were 142 when this is the normal range:
Adult females: 65-165 micrograms/dL

The only thing you have to be careful about is your protein intake. Just make sure to slightly increase whatever fake meats you are eating already and you should be more than fine.

I am a vegetarian. They say that you can be a vegetarian and still have a healthy baby, as long as you make sure that you take your prenatal vitamins everyday, and make sure you get your daily requirements. I had to go to a nutritionist so they could go over what foods I should try and eat everyday. The only concern is after the baby is born. You don't plan on making he/she a vegetarian are you? I have heard on the news a couple of people who's babies died because the parents made them vegetarians, and they were malnurished (sp?)

I would speak with your dr/midwife if you have any questions though

By the way...my baby is healthy and growing just as well as anyone elses.

i don't think babies can be hurt by being vegetarian, it only happens when they are strictly vegan, which is a totally different story.

Thats probably what it was...can't trust the news nowadays anyways :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->