venturing into home-made wipes

celine

Reaction score
After some serious nappyrash and when I used a wipe (commercial one not homemade) I physically saw my son cringe in such pain and hurl himself on me I swore NEVER again. I went and bought an old fleecy blanket and its cut up into squares, I found a bum-spray at the chemist whoch is all natural and has calendular &chamomille and I use it on a wipe before wiping and then on his bum atm to calm that rash and its LOADS better already.

My question is could you all share your wipe recipes? and how do you do it? Im tempted to get another bottle or 2 of that spray and when they are donw put water chamomille calendular mixture and use it to spray on the fleece b4 wiping?

I just used to use squares (like your fleecy blanket) with warm water and baby soap ... then put them into soak and wash with the nappies :)

I didn't use cream every time but if I did need to (which was rarely) then I used Kamillosan Cream which is chamomile based .... not the nappy one that you can buy nowadays because it wasn't around then, but the ordinary nipple cream one :)

I tend to use water and sometimes a teeny tiny bit of infacare if her bum is clear from a rash.

I know some people use a camomile teabag in water for there solution :D

What is the name of the solution you bought hun?

I brought camomile teabags.

I make a mug full (with one teabag) then let it cool.
I add 1 tbsp of almond oil, a drop of tea tree oil and a drop of lavendar oil and give it a good stir.

I brought 2 little travel spray bottles from superdrug (for about 90p) and pour the mixture into these and spray and wipe!!

:thumbup:

I have an icecream tub with water, tea tree oil and baby wash. I bung them in there and wring them out when needed.

When im out i have a small wet bag that i use for them :D

i use cold water, a tiny squirt of top to toe wash or baby shampoo or baby bath, then a few drops of lavender oil, smells gorgeous and prevents nappy rash too cos of the lavender :) x

I want to do this - what is the best material to use? I always think fleece has lots of fibers that will rub off on baby but maybe that's just me being paranoid?!

mine are one side old towel and one side fleece, wash with the towel, dry with the fleece, i made mine pretty big though and they piss me off lol, am considering cutting them in half so theyre rectangle and smaller as i generally fold them up that size even for big poos x

I use terry squares but im trialin out some fleece ones for a friend whos started up a wipes business :)
For the clean wipes i use water, 5 drops of chammomile oil and 5 drops lavender oil (also trying out chammomile tea bags) and i have a dirty tub too which i put in water and tea tree oil.
I did orginally buy the cheeky wipes kit but have since adapted it with buying seperates for oils etc, all i have left now are the original wipes.

For the solution, I used to use chamomile tea bags, a little olive oil, some baby wash and some lavendar oil. Then I ran out of the tea bags and then the oil so now its just lavendar, baby wash and water :lol: Works great though.

For the wipes, I have 3, sorts. One is a facecloth size of plain cotton which is surprisingly good and thin so they fold in 2 and are good for hands as well. Second are bamboo velour on one side and fleece on the other which I use for wee and the third are bamboo terry on one side and bamboo velour on the other which are great for poo. I'm not a huge fan of fleece for wipes as I found it just smeared the poo around!

Mine are fleece and so far so good but I have only been doing this less than a week so rather take others advice :)

i use mainly the cheeky wipes or minkee/towelling ones, just got some fleece and bamboo velour to try and make double sided ones :)
solution: camomile tea, few drops of oil, lavender, tea tree oils, little squirt of baby wash. i put it in an old spray bottle (currently a northern essence one which makes it foam up too !) and spray it on his bum.
for out and about, i either have a little bottle with it in and squirt it on, or i make up a little tub of the solution on kitchen roll (so theyre chuck away wipes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->